Thursday, December 23, 2004

Would you PLEASE stop slapping me?

Hahahaha! I have a mini blog going on, here is the address

http://40longdays.com

You're going to have to go there to find out what it's about. I decided not to put it in this blog as this blog really belongs to the other and it's kinda holy and I wouldn't want to desecrate that with the stuff that's going to be in that blog. If you've seen the film 40 Days and 40 Nights, you'll know exactly what it's going to be about.


I was lucky enough to record Alicia Keys' 2003 performance for Sessions@AOL last night on tv. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE TALENT SHE IS! She is just freakin' amazing on piano and her voice is just so emotive. I don't think her lyrics are too crash hot, but with the instrument that is her voice, it just becomes so much better. I have to say that there is no better female performer in the world than the brilliant Miss Keys.

ANOTHER MOMENT OF FREAKINESS! I was watching Letterman last night and the musical act was Kaki King. I thought it was going to be some weird ass Indie band or some crap like that, but I was freaked out when this diminutive girl with a hollow body electo-acoustic Gretsch guitar (I think) just played the hell out of that instrument. Unconventional music, unconventional technique, she is in my opinion, THE greatest guitarist EVER. Go to her site and check out her video clips, she is just a bloody phenomenon and I want to meet this woman!

http://www.kakiking.com

Has anybody out there heard of a kids show called Basil Brush? I was exercising today with the TV on mute, and they had all these guests on. What's the problem with that you ask? That EVERY female guest on there was super hot and in their mid 20's!! I don't think this is a kid's show at all! I think it's a brilliant disguise so that parents can watch the show with the kids and think about having more children! Let's face it, the male host is a bit of a looker so there's something in it for the mothers out there too! Haha whoever produces that show must be a damn genius!

BIG NEWS! Girl TV IS BACK!!! YEE-HAW!! Hehe of course it's repeats, but I'm enjoying it. Ahh the holidays are feeling better already. Still must go to Sydney and track them down! I'm thinking to do it on Jan 10th, when their CD is released and they'll most likely have to do some in-store stuff and I can use some of my investigative journalism skills.

Big gripe for the day: what the hell is with all these telephone survey people?! It wouldn't bother me so much if they called at appropriate times, made the survey shorter and didn't skew the data with how much they bloody help you out. But the biggest problem? How many ethnic people they employ to do this work! Now I don't want to come off as racist, but I like to think of myself as pretty attentive and tolerant and I can understand pretty much everyone. BUT DAMN, some of the people today were just freakin' ridiculous!! The THICKEST ethnic accents you have ever heard, it's like they were speaking in another language. And they were such rude bastards too! When I didn't understand what the hell was said, my mind filled in the gaps and answered something (incorrectly) and the guy just snapped at me and yelled "That's not what I asked"! Crazy son of a bitch, the next time it happens, I'm just going to go off at someone. Ahh such pent up rage and aggression, it'll be nice to take it out on someone.

Remember to check out my mini blog! It'll only last for a short time so keep up with it and tell your friends! Have no fear, this is my primary blog that relates to my life and everything to do with it. But that other stuff, yeah it belongs in THAT blog! Hehe OH and my Joaquin rate list will be updated tomorrow so remember to check back ASAP. Nice day folks
blog comments powered by Disqus