Monday, December 06, 2004

Clean as Grunge...

Firstly I would like to thank the other for filling in the gaps in my little thought on marriage. Its good to know that hes using his free time well. Unfortunately my free time is slipping fast, and I find a million things to do with this time. What am I doing you ask?? Well i've gone back to Photoshop, and doing some work with that, and some work with Dreamweaver. Yeah, I know there is no end to learning. Well, I'm quite enjoying myself so its all good. People seem to go ahead in time, in somethings I find myself going the other way. Its quite strange. I seem to be most interested in grunge art work these days. That’s kind of something that seems to have passed, but I still love it, and will continue working there. Not that I'm gonna rot away there, I still move on with the times...

A couple of months ago I had an interesting arguement with someone about ethics and law. Which comes first. For me this isn't even a question. According to me ethics is something the is innate, and by the time lear to think we already have these things built in. Morals are part of this, but morals seem to change a lot more in people after the learn the act of thinking. But this other person had a different view on ethics. She says that ethics are nothing other than the laws that exist in the community that we live in. Which is when this started me of thinking. I don't want to go over board with this, coz its 5:30 in the morning and I want to sleep, so I will just present you my argument. Yes, its true that most of the ethics that most of us have are the same as the laws. The basics of life, don't kill, don't lie, don't steal, etc. You get the drift. Does this meant that our ethics are nothing more than the laws?? I dont want to think of it like that, because I like to think that our ethics come from our understanding of the world, and human interaction, but not from the law, that just sound a little farfetched. A group of people decided what I should and shouldn’t do?? I won't have that. The reason why I think its not from the law, is because there are certain things in my ethics that are not part of the law. For this to happen there has to be something that’s there before the law, and I all the things that are covered in the laws come along with that. People who have weak ethics are the people who break the law. When there is no ethics, the law has no value. I hope the other elaborates on this topic, coz I would like to speak with a little more at a later time, right now I am as sleepy as an African sloth. Have a good day, Cheers.
blog comments powered by Disqus