Saturday, December 04, 2004

Too young to know, too old to listen!

I am quite sore! Since I had to be up fairly early for shopping, I had to exercise like a maniac when I got home. So heavy regime all slotted into the two hours before dinner time was all rushed and it feels like my left leg has detached itself from my body. Oh well, it should be feeling much better tomorrow (I hope).

Ahh yesh, shopping with Les Femme Anomaly and her friend...who I shall name Bezzle hehe! Shopping with two girls oughta be outlawed because they just throw clothes at you until you collapse and then go "TRY IT ON NOW BITCH"! It wasn't too bad, spent just under 130 dollars on three tops. One is a t-shirt and two shirts (one long sleeve and one short sleeve). All I need now is some summer pants and I'll be sitting pretty thank you very much! They're all extremely fitted so I was absolutely freaking, but I took their word for it when they said it looked good, I don't own much fitted stuff. Bezzle is a champ, very funny and they're really just a bunch of sweet girls.

I think I'll have a bit of a throwback to the other's previous blog. I don't know if girls really do like frogs. But I think I can offer an explanation. Have you heard that wonderful tale of Prince Charming? The one who gets turned into a frog and the Princess has to kiss him in order to turn him back to his normal self. I think all girls at heart take this story into their subconscious and secretly want their frog to turn into a Prince Charming (in a fantasy like way anyway). It's all there folks!!

Still on the subject of the other's blog, I whole-heartedly agree. People are generally unreliable. The difference between a stranger and a friend is that you're willing to forgive a friend for being unreliable. I also look forward to the other's marriage blog!

I am just loving this show Arrested Development! Jason Bateman's acting is so subdued these days and I like it, it's more realistic and fits in with his character. My fave character relationship has to be George Michael Bluth's and Maeybe (I think that's how she spells it) Bluth Funke! They're cousins, but there is also a lot of misplaced sexual tension and it's just riotous the things that happen. One example, they were travelling in a packed car and she had to sit on his lap and he was already uncomfortable, then the driver goes "hold on, we've got a lotta bumpy road coming up" and that was just bloody hell-arious!

On a side note, I think every guitarist needs to learn how to confidently sweep pick across non chord formations. I can only do this on notes which don't exactly meld with each other so it sounds quite horrendous. The best example of this is Marty Friedman, former lead guitarist for Megadeth, on Hangar 18. In the second solo of that song (after the first chorus, there is a solo, then it stops and he plays an octave riff over Dave, then does the second solo), he sweep picks the entire thing, and added some pull offs so it sounds so damn fast. I'd also advise you to check out the video of that song on launch.yahoo.com, as it's a live video and the second chorus is changed slightly. It's still a sweep picked solo but it's just so much faster and sounds so good.

Another side note. I've seen these promos for a show called One Tree Hill! What the hell is up with that? IN this show Chad Michael Murray (who was some guy in Dawson's Creek, and Hilary Duff's love interest in A Cinderella Story, even though he's practically 10 years older than her) plays an outcast. How the hell is this possible?! That's unrealistic! Think about it, if a guy as pretty (and yes, pretty is an effeminate term, and I use it for some males) as Chad Michael Murray was at your High School, would he be an outcast? NO! He'd be a regular popular jock boi.


Ahh I remember in my previous blog that I mentioned a friend that I hadn't seen in ages. He and I went to High School together as well as college. We were both in the same drama class, where we toured a rather good play to Adelaide for the Adelaide Fringe Festival. In fact, we even got better reviews than most of the high profile international acts! Anyway, I regard this time to be perhaps one of the happiest times of my life. Our drama group was close (about 4 guys and 16 girls), and we'd just talk about anything and everything and just have such grand memories. We'd walk around the city (which none of us had been to) at the oddest hours just exploring on our own. We were all minors at that time too, but due to our play, we were given Actor's passes and the assumption is that if you have the pass, you're over 18. So we were at the bar every night getting sloshed, dancing it up...and maybe doing copious amounts of other substances (hey we were drama students, sue me)! Ahh the memories!!!

We had all just become different people as soon as we were there. Haha it's like we were part of the cultural elite or something. Attending 3-4 plays a day, performing in 2 shows per day and wondering about the nightlife in a big city, it was truly joyful. What are some of my fave memories?

While there were many, I think I can narrow it down to 3 standouts.

1. Getting high after a show, and just improvising a two person play for 20 minutes while nobody else was in the room, then breakdancing at a nightclub when the floor was packed!

2. In the show, a scene required dog tags to be thrown over our heads from behind and land in front of us. After a cue, we were meant to rush forward and grab a tag and put it on. Of course, this was always a mad rush. One time, I realised I was too far away from any dog tags to reach them before someone else got to them. (Un)luckily a tag had been thrown very far and landed in the front row of a school crowd...right IN BETWEEN THE LEGS OF A GIRL WITH A SHORT SKIRT ON (don't worry she seemed to be 16)! Hahaha!! I was tempted to just run up, reach and grab around. This girl was bright though, and had reached in and pulled it out by the time I had gotten to her and she politely handed it back to me.

3. During free time we (as a group) decided we'd collectively try to see every show at the Fringe. So my friend and I were at the ticket office and he was saying everything was pretty much booked up. HAHHAA, but he didn't reckon on my friend and I absolutely charming him to death!! It was like we were old chums or something. As soon as we got AWESOME seats to a packed show, my friend walks out and goes "haha we charmed the pants off of that guy".

The reason I brought it up? I got feedback from Les Femme Anomaly that her parents thought I was quite the gentleman. Well, I'm scared of people's parents. ALL of them! So you can imagine me being placed in an unfamiliar situation like a freakin' semi-formal family dinner. Luckily I wielded the charm wisely and was able to come up with some friendly jests and some witty banter. Phew! Remember people, always be nice to other people's folks!

Damn, after being in the city today when it was bloody packed with Christmas shoppers, I TOTALLY need to take a notepad and pen everywhere I go so I can jot down song ideas!

Guess what? Yesh, I am adding to the Joaquin rate list tonight!! Remember, head down to the blog to check the updates. Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus