Saturday, December 04, 2004

Coz This Ship Was Made To Sink...

I never quite understood how arranged marriages worked. Maybe it’s just me, but my parents know very little about me, so how the hell are they supposed to pick someone who I’m gonna spend the rest of my life with?? Damn it, I wouldn’t even trust my friends to find someone that I would spend the rest of my life with. The truth is we can’t help who we like, it just happens. And to think that someone else can figure out what you want is absurd. But I do respect people who pretend that they have found love in an arranged marriage. In reality they have just settled. This in turn is causing another issue. Actually I just found out about this last night (Thank you Madam N for enlightening me). Ever heard of something called “Trial Marriages”?? I have been told that this is quite common in Bangladesh (Just happens to be where I come from). People go into marriages with thought that there’s always divorce. I personally think that marriage is a sacred bond, and this type of an attitude is ruining what marriage used to be. These days people even look at it as a money making strategy! What has the world come to?? Prenuptials have become very common these days. Marriage just isn’t what it used to be. And I believe the main reason is because people aren’t getting married to the write person. In the east, arranged marriages are to be blamed.

I love anything that has to do with law. Be it law movies or shows, or just studying law. It’s just bloody interesting. My friend Makster X, almost always whenever I bring it up, asks me why the hell I’m not studying law. The truth is, its never possible to be honest if you’re a lawyer. Don’t get me wrong I don’t think lawyers are bad people, just their profession requires them to do things from time to time that they would never do. There is this show on TV called “Philly”. You’ve probably never seen it, but it’s about the law scene in Philadelphia. Its constantly showing how DA’s and the Defendants always cut deals, and them defending and freeing guilty people. Unfortunately law has to be objective, and there for its possible to use the objectivity against the law itself. If that makes any sense. I’ll stop there, but later tonight I’m gonna write about Ethics vs Laws. Yeah I was supposed to write this one up last night. Have a good day.
blog comments powered by Disqus