Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Murals With Metaphors

“What??? The land of the Free?? Whoever told you that is your Enemy!!”

- Rage Against The Machine



Firstly I have to apologize for the lack of blogs. My daily schedule needs reform, I think I’m gonna shift my blogging time ahead to right after I wake up, the late night thing isn’t happening anymore.

There is something so strangely satisfying about Rage against the machine. I don’t think there are any other bands with so much talent. Well yes, they broke up yet their music lives on. Each of the 4 musicians are playing solos through the whole song, put them together, and you get absolute bliss. And unlike most bands their lyrics are a bit more intellectual, mostly politics related. When I’m totally down and out, and need a little inspiration, guess who gets played on my media player?? It’s a shame a few years back Limpbizkit won the award for the best rock act over these magicians!! And alas that brought about the end of the band. Sure they have formed Audioslave, which isn’t bad, I like Chris Cornell, but it doesn’t compare to Rage. And my nomination for the best guitarist of this generation has to be Tom Morrello. He’ll make his guitar sound like anything, just tell him what you want it to sound like. Someday I would like to shake his hand, and say “Your genius made my life worth living!”

I hate posers. These days the world full of them!! A while back being punk meant something. Now is a fad, and dressing like a retard and pretending to be all in your face is punk for the. Being punk has nothing to do with how you dress, is all about the attitude. And now I look at people out there just pretending to be punk, I really fell like going up to them and saying, “Your transparent, I can see right through you.” Lets move on to punk music now, now they really need to stop calling pop bands punk. Take Simple Plan for instance. How is that even anything like punk??!!?? They are a bunch of 10 year olds running around a bed with pillows singing “One day we wont have to…” Bloody hell you guys are older than me, if you’re waiting for that one day to still come, that day will probably never come!!! I guess the warnings of Punk 101 was right….

Ok I woke up after the sun went down today, so I gotta go do something useful today, so I’ll leave this here…
blog comments powered by Disqus