Sunday, November 21, 2004

I am NOT the reason Metallica have lost their way

Hehehe I'm sorry folks, but I must digress from my intellectual discussion today. Don't worry, I SWEARRRRRR it will be making a comeback tomorrow night.

Today was an interesting day none the less. I watched two amazing movies. One was an old favourite of mine - American Beauty and a new thing to put on my all time top fave movie list - Training Day! Perhaps one of the greatest character performances ever by Denzel Washington in his portrayal of a cop devoid of ethics. The interplay between characters and the way the storyline moved on was just amazing.

Ahh American Beauty, what an amazing film. It is so inspiring yet I never take one of the themes from it away with me after watching it. Life is beautiful, just sit and take stock of it one day. Just go out and observe, it truly is amazing. One of the few films that I'm ever in tears by at the end, even when I know the ending!

I've got another thing to add to the work of the devil list!
- Playing guitar standing up!

It is beyond comprehension just HOW it changes being able to play guitar. It makes it so much harder! Normal decent playing is hard enough without having to stand up, and then there's singing and also jumping around and solos! It's ridiculous. But now I have made a pact with myself to play standing up only from now on.

Just a quick bit of trivia before I'm off for the night - the first thing I ever learned to play by ear/sight was Hilary Duff's Come Clean. I was watching Hilary Duff's Birthday Bash a few months back and she did a live rendition of that song and her guitarist was playing that lovely lil intro riff and I had my guitar with me and I magically was able to play it right away! Too bad that's the only part of that song I can play (even though the rest is in power chords, there's just too much distortion to tell exactly what the hell is being played)!

So remember folks, check back tomorrow for some intellectual discussion on a topic which everybody is interested in! Hehe I can see those eyebrows raised already!
blog comments powered by Disqus