Friday, November 19, 2004

I did not do it, I swear!

I think the worst thing is hearing about something you never heard about but could have prevented if you had known! All you needed to prevent it from happening was someone to say it, and now you shoulder all the blame and guilt.

Religion is an interesting thing. However what I dislike about it is the group/herd mentality which surrounds it and how a simple message can be easily corrupted. I wish it was more personal and for the benefit of the individual for their own "spiritual journey".

It's funny, when I go to pray, my faith is actually at an all time low when I'm there hearing people talking about unity but then two seconds later coming down on a section of the community of interpreting something in a different way. So much for embracing differences. Anyway, it's funny, cause as soon as I'm out of there faith is back up to regular levels (well as much as can be for a post-modernist).

Another song bit here. I think the greatest bridge in a song HAS to be from "Bigger Than My Body" by John Mayer. It's like a totally different song, melody south central.

I really enjoy garage music like The Strokes, The White Stripes and The Von Bondies. What attracts me to it is the simplicity yet catchyness of it all. It also gives off the feeling that the musicians are lazy or lacking skill! It's awesome and it's absolutely rife in the garage industry but it's also in mainstream pop! Just keep an eye on the bass player in Nickelback. He plays a 5-string bass (which a very intermediate player would use) but he only uses the top two strings on his bass, which are also on 4-stringers! It's classic! He's barely doing anything, but it's there, and you know it and it sounds good.

That's it for tonight folks, have a nice day!
Tonight's thought is why the hell the details in my profile hardly ever update?!
blog comments powered by Disqus