Wednesday, November 24, 2004

This Could Be Love, Love For Fire…

Just finished download a 188MB file on a dial up, yes I consider that an accomplishment. What is it you ask?? Well it’s yet another Linux OS that I’m gonna test drive. To be honest I don’t like Microsoft one bit, and I swear one of these days I am gonna switch for good. So this is yet another distribution I’m gonna try in my quest for OS’s. Time to get rid of the red, blue, green, yellow flag!!! This ones called SLAX, I just hope its not as slack as me, coz that would just be useless!!! What’s interesting is this one can run completely off the RAM, yes if you have enough RAM that is (480MB or more) now that’s what I call speed!!! Ok enough IT blabbering, on to the more important crap!!!

As the other mentioned, we had a little discussion about music. And we realized that between the two of us, we play all the instruments we need to record some tracks!! Yes there are more instruments I’d like to learn. The violin and the trumpet or the sax would be a nice addition to my instrument playing abilities!! Oh and if you of you go to Turkey sometime soon, do let me know, I want an instrument from there called the Saans (I think that’s how it’s spelled). It’s a string instrument that just soothing to the ears!!! As I’m talking about instruments, I would like to say a bit about the eastern instruments. The sitar is something I’ve seen a lot of, but only recently did I notice the beauty of the instrument. There are 5 strings on the top portion of the instrument, quite like a guitar. Except they usually use the top 3 strings to strum and the bottom 2 to pick, and nothing is played with pure strums, the strums are more like fillers. What is completely breath taking is the 7 or 12 or something in-between strings that are strategically placed under the fret bars!!! These are all tuned in and as you play the top strings you get the harmonic sounds resonating from the strings from below the frets. Truly amazing, how did the people back then come up with that?? Check it out sometime!!!

There is one question I find really hard to answer, and that is “Have you ever been in love??” I’ve tried to analyze this answer in my head and took a full circle. Let me is if I can chalk out my thought process. Love is one of those things that cannot be explained, so everyone’s perception of love would be something else right?? But I guess there are enough similarities in that feeling that we humans get and there for we have generalized and come up with the word “love”. So knowledge by description cannot be adequate to know this phenomenon, so we can only know what love is once we have experienced it. Therefore only knowledge by experience can give you a true description of what love really is?? So when people answer that question, people relate to the generalized description and try to figure out if they have felt the same things or not. I guess what I’m trying to say is if you have to compare it with someone else description, then you’ve probably not been in it. I think once you are in love you would know it instantly. And as I’ve been told before, most people confuse love with infatuation and they are different things. Try looking infatuation in a thesaurus and you will see that most thesauruses have love as one of the words!!! Even the scholars have it mixed up!!! So then according to what I just painted, I could not have been in love. Then I think what if there was different stages of love and if it had gone on for a while longer I would have been in love *very confused face*. And then I just blank. I think it’s possible to fall in love with more than one person, and its very easy to fall out of love as well. But I think what most people ask is if you have met the one. Well so the answer is simple hell no. When the love is true love, then they can never fall out of love, just the passion level fluctuates (I had a discussion about this the other day, and thought this was an accurate description) but they will always be in love. And If I had met that person, then wouldn’t I still be with that person??!!??

By writing that last paragraph I think I just proved to myself that my head still works, and I think I need to use it a bit more!! But then again, I’ve been using it to write music…. Hmmm you decide whether or not that’s valid. For now I think I’ll get back to boredom, and not bore you anymore!!!


(And I quoted Alkaline Trio as my title, just though I'd let you know)
blog comments powered by Disqus