Sunday, January 16, 2005

It burns!!! Quite literally!!

Sorry about the no post last night but I was just absolutely wasted after the coast trip. I had an absolute blast out there. Broulee is such an awesome beach. Got to meet the organisers friends who I'd never met before and they were top guys. Everyone headed into the water straight away, but I hung back and wrote down some ideas for a while.

I learned how to boogie board and it was the best!!! The swell was great, we were getting absolutely hammered in what we called "the washing machine". I managed to actually get sunburnt for the second time in my life! I took in way too much sea water though, and when I got home my eyes looked like I had just returned from a Beatles songwriting session circa 1970! It was an experience and a half, as I hadn't been to an actual beach for a decade or so!

The south coast area really freaks me out. We stopped in Bateman's Bay for a while so we went "shopping". The place is a freakin' meat market! EVERYONE is just checking everyone else out and it's quite disturbing. I'd really hate to live there, besides the beach there is absolutely nothing to do! I think I'd go crazy, well at least crazier!! Then again if it was like a meat market all year 'round, even in winter, I think I'd find a way to keep myself busy!

But I did have a scary moment. There was a girl there who I went to college with but had never spoken to. I discovered she's one of the coolest girls I've ever known! It was just one huge surprise! I even think she's a better driver than I am! She spends more time online than I do! Ahh I have a mini-crush! It's also sad though, as she's leaving town in a few weeks to attend another university and I was just thinking about all those wasted years. I don't even know why I never spoke to her in college, I knew everyone in her group and spoke to them often. It's just really stupid. But I'm glad I got to know her at least a little bit before she left.

Anyway, that's enough for tonight! Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus