Saturday, January 01, 2005

Clean progression = meek profession

Before I start, let me just say Happy New Year!!!

What we have in Australia for certain major brand products is ads directly from America, just dubbed using Australian actors. So I'm quite certain that our friends have seen the new Glade Airwick Fresh ads. In them, there is a family who are shown the good before and after (the variable being the airwick fresh system of course). In one of the shots, the mother of the household is seen inviting another lady into the house and they share a little greeting kiss. The first time I saw this ad, that was where I had first came in. So what's so bad about that? LOOK AT THE KISS! That is not some hello "between friends" kisses! That is a full on "i want sex right now" kinda kiss! Haha so I was cheering that there were some non stereotypical lesbians being represented as a family unit for a while. But then of course I saw the full ad and realised she was a family friend...who is HAVING A LESBIAN AFFAIR WITH THE MOTHER OF THE HOUSEHOLD! Hahahaha.

"Don't you hate it when you have something important to say and then you forget it straight away?". (Note to self, use this later). I digress as I am listening to Gwen Stefani, I love the lyrics "take a chance you stupid hoe"! That line is just golden but I have some scary feeling that I've mentioned it just a few blogs ago. But yesh, I hate it when I forget things as soon as I think of them, it's the worst. At the request of the other, I procured myself the track of "Four To The Floor" by Starsailor (both the original and dance remix) and I am really liking this song.

So you're probably wondering why I am putting this blog up right after midnight. Well I didn't do anything on New Years Eve. I never do. Not because I want to, it just ends up being that way. I just don't feel like going to the city because I know I'll just want to kill 99% of the people there so it's best that I just stay at home. I also noticed around my street that ALL the lights were out, I WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS VICINTY AT HOME! Hahaha! Even my parents went to a party! Well to tell you the truth, they are party animals and they go out a hell of a lot more than I do and even more than some party animals my age. It doesn't matter though, as the other is partying away, enough for the both of us!

The worst thing has happened!!! I have injured myself!!! PLAYING GUITAR!! GODDAMN IT! I should NEVER play fingerstyle again...well at least not in the improper fashion that I do it. It's pick south central for me again, oh why oh why did I forsake thee? So how did it happen? Playing "C'mon C'mon" by The Von Bondies and I was getting into it, and as most guitar folk will know, it's just a series of nice and easy power chords, so I was fully strumming the hell out of my guitar with the side of my thumb and lo and behold, it's developed into a semi burn semi callous so now I can't hold anything properly, and I sure as hell cannot play guitar and I don't know how long it's gonna take. So no more guitar for at least a week. Oh well, I should probably write some damn songs anyway! Have a good year and nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus