Sunday, October 31, 2004

"Soma Holiday"

Take A "Soma Holiday" today. Forget the pain, suffering and sorrow, forget that it exists. Blinded by the truth wispered in our ears, "We are nobody, one person can't make a difference." I think what you think, we think the same, in essence we are the same. How can this be that I've lost my mind, and handed it over on a silver plater, to take the wheel and drive?? Is it possible to have only happiness, bliss, and then rest in our euphoric demise?? Whats mine is yours, and yours in mine, tonight shes mine, tomorrow you decide. I can love my car, but not love a person, that would be unwise. What if she didn't love me, oh that would be unwise. Whats mine is yours, yours is mine. Take A "Soma Holiday" today. Lets forget the pain...

Don't mind that, just something I put down after watching "Brave New World." I have to say, that this is really one of the greatest ideas I've had the pleasure of hearing, along with 1984 by Orwell. Age old question, can our minds be programmed to think certain things, and block off what we don't want?? Is it possible to be content without the need for pain?? I personally think that one cannot exist without the other. For example, how would you know that you feel good, without the knowledge of what feeling unwell is?? Just like absence implies presence, unwell implies being well. One requires the other. The mind is stronger than we give it credit for. But every now and then I wouldn't mind a Soma Holiday...
blog comments powered by Disqus