Sunday, October 24, 2004

Insert Fast Solo Here---->

I'd like to take a moment to say that the system is screwed. What system you ask? The WHOLE system, you know which one I am talking about. I was thinking of how I've seen many a person from my High School still working in the same jobs in the same positions they had 5 years ago. I thought it was even funnier that most of them considered themselves part of the "cool/hip/popular" group and now look at them. Most of them failed college. I thought it was sweet irony that they'd now be pumping gas or doing menial tasks for the rest of their mediocre lives to make up for what they did to some poor children back in High School (if you saw what happened, you too would agree).

Then I realised, not everyone in life can succeed. As much as we want them to, someone is needed to pump our gas (if you can understand what I'm saying). Society needs failures in order to function properly. If society cannot function without failures, what hope is there for humanity and the pursuit of happiness?

World peace is not a possibility. In a world where violence exists, violence begets more violence and so it continues in a vicious circle until both sides are destroyed. We are a world that believes in an eye for an eye justice. In terms of "real" law (as in the courts and such) there is a doctrine that pure justice is not based on the tenent of an eye for an eye. However, when a child walks into a table or hurts themselves on an inanimate object, why do we hit the object to satisfy the crying child? This teaches children from a very young age about this warped sense of justice, it resides in their core beliefs so that it is unquestionable and paramount. Hence, we're screwed.

On Thursday as some friends and I were leaving class, we got into a discussion about who voted for who at the federal election. It turns out the people who we thought were the most left-wing among us actually voted for Liberals (in Oz this means they voted for the Conservatives, a rough translation of the American Republicans). They made the basis for their votes on the strength of the economy and safety from the threat of terrorism (whereas even the semi-intelligent realise that it is the current Government which has opened us up to more of a threat than ever). I love living in this world of fear! To quote the novel version of Men In Black, a crowd is only as smart as the dumbest person in it. How true! Maybe if this fear could be capitalised on, it could be for the benefit of all of humanity. Oh well, I can still dream can't I?

In a random blog search for people who shared the same interests as me I came across these two very good blogs.
http://dakilangmusikera.blogspot.com/
A young girl who plays guitar. Full of the pre-requisite teen angst, it's good for a read to see how her daily events pan out and to be reminded of youthful carefree days.
Another one is
http://yllwjersey2.blogspot.com/
Some guy in the U.S. who plays guitar and has been on blogger for a fair while. Interesting site, got music, pics, and a good take on suburban life.

Something sad has dawned on me. I am going to die alone. Usually thoughts like that do not occur to one until 40-50 years of age. 2-3 decades early which is a big shame. I'd like to think that it doesn't bother me but unfortunately it's always there at the back of my mind.

Well, we have a BBQ lunch at my sister's place tomorrow so I have to get up reasonably early to make it so I had better end the blog here. Have a nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus