Sunday, September 26, 2004

"So you've read Karl Marx and you've taught yourself a dance?"

I've noticed a growing trend in rock music lately. A lot of guys tend to wear makeup. This does not bother me (after all I do plan to paint my left fingernails pink as well as putting diamantes on them spelling GTV). Oh yes, I did manage to catch Girl Tv this morning and it was a lovely episode, even though I had seen it before.

But how futile is that male practice of wearing makeup? If you're going to wear it, at least KNOW something about it! It's meant to be used to accentuate certain features or cover up blemishes. It's NOT just meant to be worn just to shock people with how crap your application job is!

Have you all heard the song "Look Good In Leather" by Cody Chestnutt? There's a girl in my Comm class who looks good in leather interestingly enough! Not many people can pull it off, but she does it while still maintaining integrity and class and looking oh so stylish. This brings me to another topic. With the warmer weather, the fashion statements are starting to come out of the woodwork. I am not just talking about being fashionable and trendy as much as a young adult can be, but it's like being in freakin' Milan or something like that! Where the hell are these people getting money for these clothes from (let alone the clothes)?! It's insanity to the supreme. We don't live in Orange County people!!

I decided to get the amp out today and just leave it under my work desk so I can play whenever with some headphones on. I can't get a clean sound running through it! The only thing that sounds decent is crap loads of distortion which changes everything. It covers up the mistakes in your playing which is lovely, but you can't play non-power chords on them besides A minor as the rest just lose their tone. Solos sound so good! I should probably learn some long stuff in its entirety, not just a few notes here and there and some dodgy improvisation.

Well I've been playing guitar pretty much all day, which has led to some procrastination on the study front but today's quota has been fulfilled so I'm happy. I should be able to finish my tute q's tomorrow.

I'm watching The Last Days Of Disco right now. I've noticed that the only difference between disco and lounging (my fave group chill out activity) is the music and the dancing space is much smaller! How scary is that? It's a very talky movie, I like it. Full of inane but BRILLIANT chatter, much like a conversation with me. It tries to be too Tarentino but without his weird charm. Alas, it still has Kate Beckinsale who is an absolute goddess!

F1 is on in the early arvo today so I should head to bed. Nice day folks!
blog comments powered by Disqus