Friday, September 17, 2004

Silent screams through paper walls...

Born again! I'd like to start off with a hearty message of wishing a safe trip to the other in order to undertake his pointless test!

I had a dentist checkup today, don't worry folks, all is good! Remember kiddies, brush at least twice a day and floss once a day for good oral hygiene!

I'm from a small town of approximately 350,000 people and I live in one of the older parts of the city. Not a literal meaning but my area has the oldest (in terms of age) population in the entire city and when you're 19, this is not a good thing. Let's just say it's like Florida without the beaches! Our local shopping centre is full of what we Australians term "bogans" (for our American fans, the loose equivalent is trailer trash). Now I don't mind trailer trash people cause most of the time they're well aware of it and don't conform to their stereotypes and attempt to better themselves in whatever field they desire. These bogans are different, they haven't obtained this same level of objectivity and are hence, lost in their ways. My favourite is the young mother (I'm talking 16-17 years old max) gallivanting around with a kid on each arm and another in the stroller! The kids are crying and chucking a mental and the mother is just ignoring them. Don't you just feel for the children? Anyway, yeah in my area they are common so when you actually do spot a young lady who isn't a bogan you notice each other and just stare at each other like idiots. No it's not a look of love (insert music here) but a mutual understanding of knowing what it's like to be relatively young and a bit of the "wow you're young, what the hell are you doing here?"

Has anyone heard that Hilary/Haylie Duff song "our lips are sealed"? Well you stupid fools, if your lips are sealed, why on Earth are you singing about it??! Flaw in your logic, haha that was so lame, forgive me!

Hooray, I did my tax law tutorial questions in 30 mins! Nope, I'm not a genius, I didn't know what I was doing so I just wrote notes and hope the teacher doesn't personally quiz me in class. I love half finished notes, although there is some merit to it, as if you are surprised in class you are able to think off the top of your head and if you fail miserably, you know you suck (it's happened to me already once in Tax Law)!

Well in the interest of public health and safety, the other and I have decided to make a pact. He shall learn to drive and I shall actually attempt to write a song. The other is a master guitarist and brilliant songwriter, hopefully I can live up to his crazy expectations.

Has anyone experienced the lovely "best friend syndrome"? In this you have a really good friend (gender is irrelevant) who has suddenly become a part of a "serious" *ahem cough* relationship and has ditched you to spend time with their significant other? The worst part is they don't even realise they've turned into a freakin' moron! If they were making a conscious effort to shut me out, I'd be happy cause that would lead to a clash of wills and I make it a point to take down all of those that cross me. Would it be wrong of me to wish for a prompt end to their relationship and not be there for them when they "need me most"? You be the judge!

I enjoyed the other's blog, there were good references to rampant misuse of reality tv so I don't think I shall comment there! Crapola, after my last blog which was 90% TV I shouldn't mention it for a long long time.

I believe in a nice mixture of evolution and religion but both are highly annoying. I won't go into religion as I believe in the addage (although Madame N would have me believe it's spelled 'adage') never to discuss politics or religion - insert caveat...unless it's with like minded people!

I think the concept of love is ridiculous and it pisses me off. Is it just a lovely sugar-coat for sex? I really do not know! It's a nice thing to have some faith in, but in all reality it's just a bunch of chemical reactions.

Damn you Charles Darwin!! He introduces the concept of evolution, leaves some important gaps and then goes off to marry his first cousin! Hehehe see he doesn't even follow his own theories!! If he supported evolution and the 'survival of the fittest' term, wouldn't you think he'd want to marry outside the family to increase his gene pool in order to give his offspring the best chance for survival and therefore thrive? It didn't happen because love got in the way (well love and some very backward feelings)!

Humanity has stopped evolving. We've hit an evolutionary deadlock folks, sorry! Your x-ray vision and spidey senses will never happen. It's funny, cause a product of the highest evolved creature (science and medicine) has enabled us to stop evolution dead in its tracks. The sick are healed, life has become easier. Doomsayers (eerily enough) say the end of the world is coming. Was it because evolution has stopped and we have nowhere to turn except to instigate our own twisted version of survival of the fittest?

Damn Freud too! Madame N doesn't like his theories (and with good reason) but I find the majority of his teachings to be true. Has anyone looked into this? If sexual urges are satisfied are you able to go on normally through life or do you just become enveloped in it and must pursue it further?

I majorly digress, forgive me! This is again a monster post and I should stop it here. Have a nice day people!
blog comments powered by Disqus