Thursday, September 16, 2004

I watched you turn inside your mind...

Yes the other has returned with his blog for today. I believe I've hit the lowest of lowbrow: I have started to take notes to put in a blog log so at the end of the day I can write them up on here! Haha what a loser...oh you're so mean...I speak the truth...shhh people are watching! Perhaps it'll be good practice for my Journalism stuff. I think my lecturer would be proud, we were just discussing blogging as a source of news in the week before my break started! High Distinction anyone?

So to start off today, I have received word that friends of mine have broken up after a 3 and a bit year relationship. Absolutely lovely way to start your day off don't you think? Well I feel sympathy for both parties and I hope they can get on with their lives over time and best of luck to them.

Oh yesh! I received confirmation today that I have received a job with the AEC and I shall be working at the election this year. Hooray for my first job!! There was an absolute stack of paperwork I had to fill out in order to work out the payment details when something hit me. I'm a public servant already!!! At age 19, fantastic! I'm on the Federal Government shortlist as they have all my freakin' records and what not! Oh and how I did wish for a life outside the system. Oh well, I'll be leading this country someday...if not making an exceptional Attorney-General.

I was able to get back into my holiday exercise regime after giving it a miss yesterday due to assignment work. Nasty stuff I tell you, even if you do it for 10 or so days straight, if you miss it for one day, you feel like you're doing it for the first time! It's good though, it ensures I don't fall into a freakin' coma while pigging out during the break when I have nothing else to do. Word to the wise, if you're exercising with music make sure it's not thrash metal and IF it is, make sure the songs are short. So I can sense you all asking "but why?". Well first exercise for the day is a stair climb (which consists of 20 mins flat out running up and down a staircase) and you find yourself running in time to the beat of the song you're listening to. When songs go in excess of 200bpm, you're cruising for a lovely cardiac arrest. At least the medicos can say "wow at least he died listening to some good music". I find it also differs depending on what genre of music you listen to. When I listen to pop, I find myself bopping side to side like a lovely lil' teenybopper and with dance music you find yourself nodding your head repetitively like some rave party whore.

I have a confession to make "I am an insomniac". That's right folks, you heard it here first! And due to this madness I am getting approximately 4-5 hours of sleep a night which is all broken!! Ahhh at least I can remember my dreams, cause most of them are occurring when my bloody alarm turns on. But my dreamscape is a weird weird place, I think last night I was trying to destroy some chip that was going to aid in the destruction of the world (very Terminator 2-esque) and I was with a bunch of old friends who I haven't seen in months and one of them betrays me and steals the chip and we beat the hell out of each other till he falls into some chasm/ravine and I could only assume the chip was destroyed in the fall.

Ahhh simulacrum my dear Watson. Hehe for the unintiated a simulacrum is something with passing semblence to something ala a representation of a person. It doesn't have to just revolve around art or anything like that. An example of one is Disneyland, it's a fantasy world cut off from reality and representative of Walt Disney and his imagination. Ummm I believe the Matrix trilogy also featured elements of this theory and I saw in an interview that Keanu Reeves was forced to read works by Boudrillard and Fouccault. Hehehe from his bland performance I don't think the research did him any good. Maybe it was the reason! Think about it, if you were trying to negotiate your way around a dream/fantasy world for the survival of the species with ideas like that in your head would YOU be able to articulate yourself properly or deliver YOUR lines with feeling?

I really hope dreams don't signify anything. Heard a good quote today though, "In your dreams you are never disappointed". Beautiful don't you think? Ohh I remember where it's from, the new series of The Practice. Besides Girl Tv and Six Feet Under, this is the only other show I never miss. The introduction of James Spader's character 'Alan Shore' was a stroke of brilliance on David E Kelley's part. So devoid of ethics, so brutally honest! To quote a poorly written Justin Timberlake song (please ladies don't hurt me) 'I'm lovin' it'! He has the greatest lines and his chemistry with the absolute goddess-like Rhona Mitra (Tara) is ridiculously good! After a heated encounter I realised I was sitting in front of the TV like a slack jawed yokel going "WOOO". He has the best lines too. After caught flirting with the lovely lady mentioned above and asked "what do you think you're doing?" his brilliant reply was
"I was only trying to bed Tara, I promise!"

After introducing a novel defence at a plea hearing, he was approached by an angry judge and let out a brilliant remark "Are you attracted to me judge?". Ahhhh soo funny! But I'm worried now, this character is starting to rub off on me. I hope I'm not like that when I'm a lawyer. Well maybe I will be if I get to flirt with attractive women and spout out gems like "I never make the first move, it's beneath me".

Ahhh I thought that show woulda gone down-hill after firing their major stars but I was wrong, it's still good, if not better (it was cancelled after this season folks)! Stupid ABC! Alright, one last thing about TV, has anyone ever seen the show Passions? Due to my break I'm waking up in time to see this show! The acting is freakin' atrocious!!! I can't handle it!!! I find myself repeating lines on the show in order to improve on my delivery!! Ahhh at least it's a good hour to exercise in.

The weather is getting hotter gradually so I won't have to keep up with these daggy tracksuit crap at home anymore. It's good cause I'm actually feeling better when I look outside my window. You actually stop and think for a second "wow today is a beautiful day". Not like when the REAL heat starts and you wake up covered in a cold sweat and you're stuck to your freakin' mattress!

I finally cut my claws off!! Yeaaaaah! It's amazing, my guitar playing has increased 1000 fold instantly! Quick chord changes, clean string resonance, blistering scale runs (hehe on the 2 scales that I've bothered to learn), they call me Joaquin Hendrix Navarro Van Halen Ray Vaughan Clapton Jr!

Damn nation! I wanted to get into a lovely discussion about evolution and apply it to daily events in people's lives (with a mixture of psychoanalysis thrown in for good measure) but this is way too big and I think there is way too much of a focus on television in this blog so I apologise...!
blog comments powered by Disqus