Friday, September 24, 2004

Can't you see what's going on?

I should probably start off by quoting Madame N. In her sagacious way she has made me see the light about my previous post.

"you tend to fall for people who make you feel different to what u usually feel, therefore ur attracted to girls who make you feel dumb coz its something ur not used to".

Well said. See?! She is a genius!

Long day today, then as I'm at home and winding down by watching The Osbournes I receive a phone call at an odd hour when nobody is home. It's some guy working for some Greenhouse emissions monitoring agency and he wants to survey me for 10 MINS! In Comm we've learned this is absurd for a telephone interview so I tried to brush him off but it was so hard! He was also called Miguel and had this awesome accent.

Heheh unfortunately my brain wasn't wired and I haven't pulled the good ol' favourite "do you wanna talk to my parents" or the other trusty lie "sorry, I can't talk to you, I'm not 18". Then I realised what he was trying to do, he was trying to seduce me with his south american/spanish/portugese accent!!! Hahahah damn awesome accents, they're addictive. Anyhow I told him 10 mins was too long and to call back in the evening when I had more time (obviously my folks would be back by then and they would be able to send him on his way without any worries).

For some reason, as I was laying in bed last night I remembered an incident that occurred last semester for Media Industries. We were working in groups of three and then out of nowhere some girl in my group just went "you know, you're the most condescending person I've ever met"! I would have retaliated but I was in shock as I hadn't said much the whole time we were doing group work or up to that part of the semester! She didn't even know me, how dare she say that! Oh well, I'll take it as a compliment, as I do consider her inferior! You know as Cyndi Lauper (and occasionally I) say: Joaquin just wants to have fun!

Claire Fisher (played by Lauren Ambrose) in six feet under is my freaky tv clone. Not in terms of looks but attitude! Brilliant quote from her on Monday's ep "I hate everything and you know what, I'm tired of it, I don't want to hate everything anymore", amen sister!

I really like the other's use of lists. I also wish I had stuff to make lists about, as a result here is the top 5 things I wish I had a list of (OHH the irony)!

5. The wickedly fast flawless solos I can play on guitar
4. The exams I've never worried about
3. The hot ladies I've slept with
2. What I plan to do with the $10 billion British pounds I've just won in the lottery
1. The number of times I've been on Girl Tv (hmm I think now is a good time to watch it)!

Thank technology for video tapes!
Good day people! Yesh Madame N, when I say that I mean for the next applicable full day to whoever is reading it!
blog comments powered by Disqus