Saturday, September 25, 2004

I wanna be sedated!!!

I don't think I have anything of real merit for today. Then again when have I ever had anything of merit to say? I really enjoyed the other's post, it's an excellent snapshot of life in a third world country. It's like no other place on Earth; beggars, people being shot, riots, all taking place to the scenic backdrop of pollution and gigantic mansions that put most affluent western suburbs to shame.

I've noticed that KC Collections and Timberline is closing down. Is Canberra suffering from a lack of pure wood based furniture? Then again, if one heads to Fyshwick one would realise that our market is over-saturated and that's probably why they're all closing!

Damn the tennis, damn it to hell! Because of the freakin' Davis Cup (which nobody cares about mind you), Girl Tv was rescheduled from its normal time slot to 11am on Saturday morning. How the hell am I supposed to wake up in time for that?! I'll try my damn best though, even if I have to resort to taping it again.

I've just realised that since UC and ANU are both back after their break, all high schools and colleges are on holidays! It's a blessing and a curse at the same time. While the young people are all out on the streets causing a ruckus, I shall be at university studying away. The bad part: there going to be young people around town at all hours of the day! I can't look out my window during the day anymore without seeing a bunch of teenagers loitering!! I honestly think this city needs a curfew, I assure you that crime rates would drop by at least 15%. Damn the younger generation, I shudder just thinking about them. Hehe and to think that I'm separated from them by only 3 years minimum (not to mention a good 50 or so IQ points).

My folks car has broken down today which is terrible! Hopefully it'll be fixed by Monday so I don't have to catch a bus to uni. Ohh how much would that suck? After catching 4 buses pretty much every day in college, you come to hate public transport! The time, the people (especially in this area), you start to see the brilliance in justifiable homicide! Barring that, it should be done by next weekend, so I can have Madame N, M-Biatch and her amigo Les Femme Anomaly (shite, I really hope I remember who I actually mean) over for a movie night.

Watching The Glass House tonight and they said that babies are attracted to beauty in people's faces. Haha, sounds a lot like a bunch of high school jocks to me! Anyhow this is definitely due to evolution! Great looks = easy sex for you = ability to spread genes.
What I'd like to know is whether intelligence COULD possibly be a genetic trait. If that's the case, could humanity ever give rise to a perfect person? I'm talking in terms of strong genetic traits for the survival and evolution of ALL homo sapiens sapiens, not some crazy ass aryan thing!

Ahhh, gotta love Michelle Branch, that's why I'm listening to The Game Of Love, where she was guesting for Santana. Such a beautiful alluring voice, not to mention a good ol' fashioned pretty face!

To finish off, I'd like to link to this blog I found while just seeing what I'd come across from pressing the "next blog" button a few times. I like this guy, his writing style is fantastic and he's giving a point of view that should be shared more often ie the truth!
http://tippingcows.blogspot.com
It's basically a list of political observations which (for once) rise above the individual to society at large. If you like that, you should also try out http://www.salon.com. Quite possibly the greatest news and current affairs site in the world.

Anyhow, I've got all my crap set up for a good weekend full of reading and studying so I should get a good night's rest. Have a nice day people!
blog comments powered by Disqus