Thursday, August 09, 2012

Why Didn't Danny Run?

That's what I'd like to know. Danny was a kid in my year in high school who was an absolute machine at running. He was one of those freaks who could win sprints as well as long distance races in PE class. Like absolutely thrash the rest of us, even those who did amateur athletics and could also run fast. However, at proper athletics carnivals, Danny never participated, and I think it's because he rolled with the 'cool' crowd, who didn't participate, and would just walk off to other places. If he had run, he would have beaten the entire school, he would have gone on to state representative running. He had talent, he could have become a
professional athlete by now. But no, he didn't run. And now I wonder how his life has turned out. Food for thought.

I spoke to the other who confirmed that he has seriously messed up his back and is getting treatment for it, so that's pretty terrible news. Hopefully the other will recover shortly and will be able to enjoy things again.

I used to follow Nicole on livejournal (yes I am old enough to remember it and to have used it extensively). I had known Nicole at university, where I stupidly asked her out, not knowing she was a lesbian (no she wasn't one of those butch types). But anyway, I magically discovered her on livejournal where she used to do a lot of x-files fanfiction. If only I could remember my livejournal details and login, I wonder if she's posted anything. Haha, then again, it's been like 6-7 years since I last logged in. If only I knew her now, she was an interesting person.

Don't be in such a hurry to discount me! For a while there, things were incredibly hectic at work and I was worried I wouldn't get to blog today. But luckily I have, so woohoo!

I've got a young face, but my age is definitely starting to show in my hands, especially in my fingers. They're starting to look like Madonna-esque claws. Not good!

At times I think it was my own Michael Bluth-esque narcissism that prevented me from seeing what was actually going on. Could I really be so naive? Perhaps! Who knows? It's almost Friday, I can't wait to relax this weekend.

I'm not sure whether I've mentioned this before (I rarely, if ever, make use of the tag function on blogger), but let's have a discussion on human sexuality. I'm a firm believer that all humans are innately bisexual. I think most 'straight' behaviour is learned and reinforced, and of course let's consider that evolution plays a part (or else none of us would be here). But that drive isn't really mitigated by procreation, it is mitigated by sexual activity. To that end, it is really irrelevant who you actually have sex with, isn't it? What's interesting is that I don't identify as bisexual, and I'm not sure if I could ever actually sleep with a guy, but it's a belief I do hold. I mean, there are instances of it occurring in the animal world.

I have really been enjoying XKCD as of late, and especially it's new incarnation: What if, where crazy obscure questions are answered with mathematically sound thinking. I love it! Very freakonomics like in
exection.

Well fuck, looks like it's going to rain hardcore on my way home andguess who has no umbrella?!

That's it for now folks.

Joaquin out.

I AM OTHER, MOTHERFUCKERRRR (hahaha, super respect if you know where that came from)!
blog comments powered by Disqus