Monday, August 13, 2012

Theorising On Interactions

I recall that last week I had an awesome theory on how facebook works in terms of social interaction. Ha, I even thought to myself "I need to blog about this" but of course I did not, and I have forgotten what the detail was. I can only remember certain bits of it, but I think it does prove true. I don't think facebook really works in terms of a network, where different people are interlinked in certain ways. So picture a sort of web framework if you will. But what I think is much more representative of how friendships work are circles/degrees. So you keep your closest friends in your tightest circle, and other friends in peripheral circles and so on. So for this example, picture ripples in the ocean when you throw a stone into it. Circles rarely
interconnect with each other. The person in the middle is the only connective thing between the people. I guess that's why Google+ works on a circle based system, as opposed to what facebook USED to do (but
still works primarily on), which is just a big mish mash of friends. Well that's my social theorising done for the day.

The new Norah Jones album is cathartic. Best style reinvention ever. Beats John Mayer's country folk new stuff, hands down.

The world is a cleverly disguised cage. Or at least it appears that way now.

Having a weird issue with an old USB/MP3 player, which is a USB1 device. I plugged it into my USB3 port at home, and of course it will only work at USB1 speeds, but even then it took ages! But then I took it to work, and data transfer was so much faster! I don't understand just how messed up that is.

Yikes. When I woke up this morning I thought I had a crapload of work to do, but now that I'm at work, I came to realise that I barely have anything on. Oh well, just means a better read for you! Speaking of, I should really check out the stats on the blog in full. Based on what I've been reading in the past, readership has really skyrocketed from the start of this year, which I guess I can attribute to blogging more often. Still no new comments though, I wonder why? I suppose it's the new Disqus system that we use, but I like it. It really filters out the spam. I wonder who reads this stuff anyway? Do we have regular readers? Or just all passers by who just read the top post? Do posts get read in full? So many questions! People, reach out to me, I'll be happy to respond, but you gotta comment! Ever since there's been a programming shift at blogger and they've provided templates, some of the other's custom page (you'll notice that our blog is quite different to anything else that's on blogger) mechanics have gone a little askew. You'll see over to the right that where the blog members are presented that the blogger symbol has penetrated through the names. I'm not sure why that's happening. Since the other doesn't blog anymore, I don't think it can be fixed. And I'm not about to learn how to code in order to fix it! It doesn't matter anyway, it's just a small stylistic issue.

Housing affordability is just ridiculous. That's why so many people are renting. And what's more, is that rental prices are just absolutely insane. They're right up there with mortgage repayments. What kind of fucked up shit is that? Housing prices have just exploded over the past 10 years, and only the super rich, or those with pre-existing equity in their homes are able to afford homes these days. Well that is unless you want to go into significant debt for a large portion of your life. I don't understand why the only way for ordinary people to become independently wealthy is through property. I was reading on The Riot Act that it is utterly arrogant of us to consider that we can "own" a piece of rock. The system is just fucked up. The only way to get a home is through a home loan! Unless you work a really high paying job and have no expenses, you cannot buy a first home outright. I truly wish the Government would outlaw negative gearing, and maybe even put a cap on rental properties that can be owned by families. I don't care if property value sinks like a stone,
people have to have a place to live that they can actually afford. Society, culture and the law - conspiring to fuck up productivity and growth, since the dawn of time.

The rash on my wrist is getting worse. It's all red, sore and bloody. I might need to get it checked out.

So M-Biatch is back in my life, which is good. It's nice to reminisce with someone you have common ground, but it's also nice to find out how people have grown in the period when you weren't talking. Though
I'm unsure if I can make the same concession for Madame N, or Les Femme Anomaly (who, it turned out wasn't an anomaly, and was just like the rest of them).

Goddamn! Fuck, ow! For some reason, today I have been getting these uber massive jolts of pain on the left side of my chest. I don't think I'm going to have a heart attack because I'm still relatively young and in decent shape. It doesn't feel like an anxiety attack either. But it is cripping and super painful. Hopefully it'll go away. If I magically stop blogging for some reason, you'll know what happened to me, and you can print this out and laugh at my stupidity for not doing anything about it - you have my permission now!

The first one never takes, does it? What's to make of all these externalities? I feel like it's fucking me - thank you Robbie Williams.

That's it for today, folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus