Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I Am Not Hosting The Shinding

Hell, I wasn't even invited.

I think I've lost the plot. Yesterday was just a weird day, trying to make sense of it all, and I don't think I'm as capable as I used to be. But I'll get back there, slowly and steadily. I don't know how.

At least work has been busy so I've been occupied. I am capable, I can do all the things I need to do, just have to get back in the swing of things, that's all.

I have to travel again for work on Friday which sucks, so I'm not sure if I can blog that day, but we'll see what happens. I have my iPhone so it will be good to put blogger+ to the test again.

There's a big rise in Western ideology related to individualism. This has put society directly in conflict with concepts related to just one generation ago. Is individualism a good thing? I'm not so sure. Sure, it's good to be self aware and how one can contribute to society, but I also feel that individualism has given a distinct rise
to greed and selfishness, and people just want to see what the world can offer them, but not what they can offer the world. I do hold grave concerns for society as our generation, which has had exposure to both ideals, dies out, and the next generation, firmly entrenched in individualistic tendencies, takes over.

I've been reading up on the space program as of late. I find NASA to be an incredibly interesting organisation. Just think how far we've come, since the advent of the lightbulb to flying off in space, then landing on the moon. I don't feel like we've advanced too much from then. But we're such a young, young race. I mean as a society, we've seen apartheid, racism and the worst warfare ever within the space of one lifetime ago. That's so fucked up. We're sitting on the very front of a great rollercoaster, I wonder where we go from there. Gosh, to have been an astronaut in those early days, when everything was so uncharted, it really excites the senses! How frightening, how amazing!

I hope you've heard Fire and Rain by James Taylor? For those of you who don't know, it featured in the Simpsons episode where Homer goes into space, albeit in a slightly modified way. I read a description
on wikipedia about his inspiration for the song - I liked this one the best: "Suzanne's death drove him to see beyond his own worries and realize the transience of life and his need to get back to his old friends" - I really like that. Thankfully I haven't experienced any death, but I can understand what the second part of that sentence means.

Haven't really had a lot to download, and my limit doesn't get carried over the next month, so I'm just downloading random stuff - stuff I know I won't even watch, cause I hate the idea of paying so much for
internet and not using it, haha! Horrible - first world problems.

Heard Anj was having heart problems - not good. I hope he recovers, because it would be sad to lose a good friend this young.

At this point, I just have even more questions.  I'm a tad confused.

That's it for today folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus