Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's All Coming From One Guitar?

Yes, yes it is. The intro to Animal Nitrate by Suede is just ridiculous. I thought it was an overdub, but no, Bernard Butler is playing it all at once with no effects. There's a youtube video of him teaching you how to play the song, but even then, it's just ridiculously insane!

I managed to sleep a bit last night, which would have been good, if I didn't have to get up to go to work. At least things are busy, but that also means that the blog entry for today is going to be a small one. That's ok, yesterday's was a big hit!

Damn, where did the day go? It's already 4pm, but at least I have plenty of work to show for it.

I'm happy because there's another episode of Misadventures of an Akward Black Girl out for me to watch. Yes, that's where my "I am other MOTHERFUCKER" reference from the other day came from. For those
of you that don't know it, I'd suggest you youtube it. Watch the season 2 preview, then watch them all in order. You can thank me later.

I've also got Key & Peele, which is apparently the spiritual successor to Chappelle's Show, so I am very keen to watch it. And as a bonus, it's also 21 minutes per episode (watching 1 hour shows these days is
a bit tough for me, as evidenced by me only just finishing S2 of Dexter). I enjoy a lot of race based humour, as long as it is done tastefully, as good satire on the subject is stimulating and subversive, but really shallow efforts can actually be really bad in terms of promoting stereotypes and encouraging racism.

More of my fingers are starting to succumb to the cold, which isn't good, because they are getting to be very painful, but as I've realised, my guitar playing is starting to resemble what it was during university holidays! Isn't that something? If I can play to that level again, I'll be very excited. But if it's due to the cold thing, then that's not good.

Facebook has switched me to timeline, which I'm not very happy about at all. But the increased accessibility to my past is interesting. I like reading the older wall posts and seeing how I interacted with other people. These are all mostly people I don't talk to anymore even though we are still "friends". I just find it interesting how the world changes like that, as well as people changing. I think it's the nature of getting older, too. People just want to keep more to themselves, rather than sharing it with others. Well at least the true people that they are - I wonder why that is? Something to ponder, I suppose.

What does tonight bring? Tv and entertainment I hope. I am still aiming to play Suede's The Beautiful Ones as perfectly as possible, but I'll also get started with Animal Nitrate, at least just the intro and verse.

That's it for now folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus