Monday, August 06, 2012

Harrowing Adventures Through The Dreamscape

Or lack thereof. Because I did not sleep at all last night. Probably had something to do with napping for a few minutes in the afternoon, but that really messed me up. It was pretty much a waste of a weekend, but I don't mind. Got to catch up with some friends which was good. I guess it also doesn't help that I was also coffeed up, which was a very different way to how I normally do things.

I've been on a massive Suede bender lately. The guitar playing is phenomenal. Damn you Bernard Butler! I must listen to more Suede and The Smiths, because the guitar playing is just off the hook.

Finding the right chords - how do you do it? I'm not sure. I think you just need to find chords that you like - be it just one, and then just start playing other chords and seeing whether they gel together. This is quite arduous, and it's a time consuming process, yes. But without knowing your chord theory, that's what you're going to have to rely on. I've come across another set of chords over the weekend which is quite Counting Crows-esque in its simplicity, but yet is incredibly catchy. Luckily, I've tabbed it.

Ahh, the grim spectre of science vs religion. I will never understand why the ultra religious hate science. To me, if anything, science reinforces the wonder of religion, or at least the stuff that it should stand for. Then again, I don't know why scientists hate religion. If you could talk to scientists from centuries ago, they would call most of technology and understanding today a bunch of bullshit. Just because we do not understand it now doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Scientists should be keeping an open mind. But I guess the ultra zealous hardliners on both sides can't really be quelled.

Just had a hilarious "The Office" type moment. Always weird when bosses just sit there and read your work in its entirety right in front of you, isn't it? It was like 30 mins of me just sitting there in silence watching someone read. Ahh, classic.

Anyway, that's it for today.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus