Wednesday, August 15, 2012

So Tell Me...

What do you want to know? I don't have answers for you. In fact, I only have more questions, so we are not that beneficial to each other. I mean, what could you possibly offer me?

Got to start watching Key & Peele last night. There are shining moments of brilliance on that show, but just like MadTV, where the two actors came from, there are also moments that drag on far too long with an unfunny premise. So basically, it's a little hit and miss, it doesn't contain the steady consistency that was in Chappelle's Show. But since it contains new material, I'm still happy to watch it. I didn't get to watch Awkward Black Girl last night as I discovered it was a 14 minute episode! I need to make time for something of that length. Though from what I've seen of the second season so far, it pales in comparison to the first.

Lust, Caution indeed. Where are we headed? Where are we heading? You know, I first learned to understand headings through Flight Simulator 3 (or maybe it was 4). I would take off from Meigs Field, and then I would gradually turn left at night and make my way through to O'Hare. Then I realised I could always find O'Hare if I followed the path when the right numbers came up on my heading on the plane. Well duh! But I was young at the time, and it was a really good realisation. If I ever play flight sim these days, I still do the same thing, but I tend to buzz the city because it takes some skill to do this with the realism levels turned all the way up.

Had a fair bit of work on this morning, but now the afternoon is here, and I am again mired by the boredness and boredation of it all. I slept well last night, but again, that was hampered by having to get up for work this morning, and now I'm utterly tired.

Who do I even communicate with anymore? Probably the audience of this blog more than anyone else. I look at my phone activity, and there's barely any calls or any messages. But of course I'm still paying the same amount as always for the privilege of having a phone. How utterly droll. I would like the old days back of a prepaid phone that I barely spent any money on. Then again, I barely communicated with that one, did I?

Got a long weekend coming up this weekend, which is good, but I think there could be plans on the table, which means I will not get enough sleep or get to do the things I actually want to do. I think my colleague was tapping out a hip hop beat on his computer mouse! I was bopping my head along to it, haha so good! Should have started some improvised rapping or something!

I was reading an article about the popularity of the comic book character The Hulk in Asian countries. Apparently, the big selling point is the repression and dual personality of Bruce Banner. Mild mannered scientist and what not, but when he's angry, he transforms into the superhero. Supposedly it's big in Asia due to perceived repression through the typical expectation of going to school, getting good grades, getting a job, getting married, having a family and a house and that's it. This brings on a quiet respect for characters who can act against type and lash out. I think it's quite an interesting analysis. Contemporary asian culture is a bit hypocritical in a sense, I guess, in that people are being forced to conform to western ideals of the good job, working hard and family life what not, but they are ignoring the fact that Asian culture is so rich, in terms of all forms of arts. Why aren't children these days pushed into that sort of thing? Well I guess it's not stable in terms of career choice.

Going back through my calendar at work, and it is just heartbreaking. What is the measure of time? Not just in standard minutes and seconds, but feelings and promises. What do they account for? What is the net result?

Who knows really, who knows?

Joaquin out
blog comments powered by Disqus