Monday, August 27, 2012

Good Morning

"Why did you do it, I couldn't sleep, I knew you were gone" - Thank you, Norah Jones.

It's not a great start to the day when I look out my window and I have two reminders already. It's not what I need. One reminder will be permanent, but the other will last for just a few months. Even then, it's still painful.

It's too cold for any of this. The weekend went by too fast and I am ridiculously tired right now. How the hell am I going to get through the day? On top of that, my legs are insanely sore to the point where I'm limping for no reason. I'm actually looking forward to sitting at my desk all day, how messed up is that??

That guy? Yeah, that guy - he couldn't act his way out of a British pantomime!

These days, this blog is my sole source of entertainment. And you know what? I like it. I don't really post on twitter, facebook or tumblr - I just usually log in to passively accept information on people and things I'm not even interested by. But blogging is something else, it's all me.

The thought hit me earlier, am I living the Lester Burnham life? Well the life he was living before his awakening? That's a sad thought. I'm only 27, this isn't good! Quarter life crisis! Though I'm sure I won't reach 100, most likely 1/3 life crisis! It's sad and tragic really.

I wonder why Geri Halliwell chose the moniker Ginger Spice for her Spice Girls persona? I mean the others chose names that were indicative of their personality, but ginger is not a personality trait! On top of that, it's not a particularly desirable flavour! That will be something I'll never understand.

I also wonder why people use the term 'slept like a baby' to describe a good night's rest? Babies don't sleep well! They typically have broken sleep and wake people up with their cries and when they do get up, they are usually very angry people!

Sadly, Neil Armstrong died a few days ago. For those of you who don't know - and unfortunately, a lot of people out there do not- he was the first person to set foot on the moon. The other made a comment that he was shocked that a lot of kids these days did not know who he was and what he did. Sadly, I have to agree with him. Education these days is not so much based on world knowledge or general knowledge, it's about setting kids up to follow a vocation and know nothing else outside of that, and to me that's a terrible tragedy. What happened to real education for the sake of teaching kids something?!

That's it for today folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus