Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Tall White Blonde Haired Blue Eyed

Interesting day today. Sat on a recruitment panel for a role in an area that I don't work in. Interviewed a wide range of people, but it appeared that the other members of the panel seemed interested in skewing favour towards the ladies who fit this profile in today's title. You'd think this would be ok if they had the best answers, but they did not. Some of the others were much better, but I had my ratings drowned out by other members of the panel. Now the picture must be becoming a bit more uncomfortable, and given the fact that the other panel members were women, I was just amazed that things were actually turning out this way. So I guess it is true. The more you fit the stereotype of what beauty is, life is a bit easier for you. Just pretty yourself up before meeting people and they will be amazed at how "well presented you are" and will infer things into your personality that just aren't there. What a world! If only the others knew what happened so they could complain and appeal. But I guess the record won't reflect what actually happened today.

So I've been promoted at work, which doesn't really mean anything. I'll still need to ask for a pay rise!


I want to talk about her. But I just can't. Not today at least. I fear that my life is slowly turning into the lyrics from Missing by Everything But The Girl. And I'm left out in the cold here. Maybe I can write more tomorrow. Yeah, maybe I'd like that. I could do with a few days off. Just to lie down, watch community and forget about life.


Till next time.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus