Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Don't Marry Your Mother!

Tuesdays always hit me much worse than Mondays. I can do Mondays off very little sleep on Sunday and still function well. However, no matter how much sleep I get on Monday night, Tuesday hits me like a ton of bricks. And that's what's currently happening to me. I'm sore and just struggling to stay awake at work, and I need to get some things done!

Guitar is going ok, but I'm not really progressing in terms of anything new. I should learn a few more scales and chords just to vary my playing a bit.

My BIOS isn't 100% fixed. After I flashed my BIOS, I still had some issues, where I would get a Blue Screen Of Death, which would only stay up for a split second, before resetting the computer by itself and then not being able to boot up the DMI on re-start. I cleared the DMI through Gigabyte's @BIOS software and things were working ok for a bit, but now I find that the computer is running a lot slower in terms of booting and loading things up. On top of that, I can't do a disk defrag because it always kills my virtual memory and I get the same BSOD. Oh well, at least I'm getting a new computer soon. I'll just take most of my stuff off that original comp and give it to my parents, since they trashed my old computer.

I'm having my own Boys Of Summer moment here, damn you Don Henley, damn you!

I finished Modern Warfare 3: spec ops, which almost killed me. I finished the single player campaign a long time ago, but there was this one particular mission in Spec Ops (the last one - flood the market) which I found impossible. I kept being blasted by the helicopter at the end, but you know what you need to do? At the start of the mission, you can kill a guy who is carrying an RPG, you are supposed to swap your secondary weapon for this and take it with you to the end of the level. Two shots with the RPG and the chopper goes down! Easy enough, right? Haha! It took me a long time to figure this out.

I'm still trying to finish Medieval 2 Total War expansion packs.


Argh! Why do I think about you all the time? I really miss the way you feel in my arms. I suddenly remembered an incident where you had asked me to come to see you and I promised you that I would. I was visiting friends who I had not seen in years on the other side of the city and I was having a great time. I remembered my promise, and I lied to them in order to come to you and spend the night with you. I
don't regret it. I turned my back on everyone for your sake.


The weather has gotten cold recently, and the poor showing that was this summer is starting to become a faded memory. I guess life becomes a faded memory for all of us at some point.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus