Tuesday, March 06, 2012

The Day That Failed

So, how long was I holding my breath for?


What a start to today. First, I missed my bus, by mere seconds. I saw it come and leave, and I was just across the street. No, I missed the early bus! It is nice and quiet and quick to the destination, then I had to wait another 12 minutes to get the next available one. Then I get to work, and my computer just decides to have a spack, and my internet and my inbox is not working. Neither is the network. So essentially, I can't do any work! Oh well, that's a shame!

I knew I should have just stayed in bed this morning. Now I have to pick up my parents in a little while and take them home. At least I don't have to be at work for the whole day. Then it's just relaxing at home watching Community until picking up my wife later in the afternoon.

I remember back in uni, when I was able to stay up late (as in physically capable of doing so), that Win (or Nine) played a lot of really good movies after 1am. I remember that in the space of a month they played both "And the Band Played On" as well as "The Twilight of the Golds". I wonder if that stuff still happens anymore? I wouldn't know, I just have too much other crap to do, and I can't really stay
up past 2am, on a really late day. I guess I'm just getting older and this body is in the process of shutting down.

I realised last night, at about 11:40pm that my life had taken the course of the film Serendipity. You know, things fell into place in a way, but I couldn't tell what were signs, or whether I was reading too much into things that weren't there. But then it hit me, at that time that I made the opposite choice to John Trager and I went with the status quo, despite everything that Sara represented. Wow. Just one
word, wow. And that thought kept me awake all night. Let's see where that ends up?

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus