Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Am I Happy?

Ask yourself that question, you may be surprised with the answer.

Dave, ah yes, Dave. Friends with him in college and uni. He just seemed to have it all without really trying. He did exceptionally well in his advanced classes, yet he was a total idiot, and always did well with the ladies as they considered him to be good looking. This did not endear me to him at all. Then he pulled an exceptional grad job straight out of uni, and he travels all the bloody time in his personal life. That bullshit just depresses me. There are just some guys who have it all without the stress of trying, or the possibility of rejection in anything that they do. So what's better? To never have to work for anything in your life? Or to work hard, suffer, and in the end, most likely not appreciate what you have? I read that Clive James preferred to have to work for things. I don't know, I just don't know. I guess it comes down to not worrying about other people. But isn't that just a total lump of bullshit? Life is all about other people. Then why the fuck do we bother with family, friends and love? Those two statements are entirely incompatible. But would you just take it? In Neon Genesis Evangelion (spoiler alert), Shinji had the choice of breaking down the barriers of his individuality, and becoming one with humanity. Isn't that the ideal that's espoused by everyone? Being at one with everything and generally at peace? But he rejects this, he would rather take the pain and potential loneliness of individual existence, if it meant that he could love someone and someone could love him. That still doesn't overcome the fact that others have it easy.

It was a damn busy day at work, so unfortunately, not much to blog about today.

I'm losing my hair, I must be getting older. But that's just genes. Would I be so self obsessed as to worry about it? Why not, others do! Haha.

More to come tomorrow hopefully.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus