Monday, March 26, 2012

Could You Want To Loosen Up?

Matchbox 20 reminds me of Asia. I'd love to tour with them through South East Asia, how awesome would that be? I don't know why, but I hear their songs and I am just reminded of places like Singapore and Malaysia.

Let's take some time to slag off Pete Wentz. I fight back for Patrick Stump, because he cops a lot of flack for being a solo artist with unique and interesting music. All of Fall Out Boy's fanbase - disaffected teen girls are constantly abusing Patrick for being a talented individual and not releasing music that is friendly to Fall Out Boy. The fact is, they find Pete Wentz hot, and they want to marry him and what to see more of him. So what's the issue? Many fans blame Wentz's wife, Ashlee Simpson for the breakdown of Fall Out Boy. I say, hold on, don't blame her, blame Pete Wentz. The guy is a fraud, fall out boy's lyrics were always a crock of shit. The magic lay in Stump's skills as a composer and musician in crafting elaborate melodies and singing them well. Wentz is replaceable, Stump is not. I think Wentz's "alternative" mood was brought about by his loneliness. He was a different sort of guy, so of course girls would shun him. All he ever wanted was a girl like Ashlee Simpson to notice him. Just a pretty blonde idiot trophy wife. So don't blame Ashlee, don't blame Patrick, blame Pete. After all, that was his intention from the start.

Let's talk about race based attraction. I read an article on Sydney Morning Herald this morning about how it is quite pronounced among homosexual men to express a very overt (bordering on, if not qualifying for, racism) non-preference for asians. It then moved to a larger discussion about race based attraction in general. It did
stick to the asian theme though - whether there was a preference for white women not to be with asians due to a perceived lack of hyper masculinity. It's difficult to comment, since I'm not asian. But I don't think I've ever experienced discrimination on the basis of race, considering that I am a minority. I've dated across races, and have found there to be no issues. But I wonder if anyone has ever rejected me on the basis of race? I've been sort of rejected on the basis of faith, but that was more along the idea that she preferred to date someone who was the same religion as her, which is either better or worse, depending on how you look at it. The comments on the Herald are typically borderline retarded, but a lot pointed to the fact that people cannot help who they are attracted to - some people just do it for them, others don't. I agree to an extent, but I think it is silly to go "oh, all asian people don't turn me on". That's being quite closed minded right there. From a personal perspective, I think I am attracted to girls of all races. I'm attracted to beauty, and that's not something that's race specific. Love is a strange thing, so who knows what will work for you? Too much emphasis is placed on looks, but hey, that's evolution. Why would we want to tinker with that?


For some reason, even though I know you do not live there, and in fact he lives closer, it makes me feel a bit happier. Why is that? You don't live with him, but it makes me happy to know that when you do, you are closer to me. That's a bit strange. To think, we were almost living on the same street, right across from each other.


Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus