Monday, July 01, 2013

I Make The Rules

Yet I don't live in a world without consequences?  That makes no sense whatsoever.  Then again, when has anything I've posted ever made sense?  Apologies for the lack of updates over Friday and the weekend, I got sick and didn't go to work and then I just couldn't be bothered doing anything over the weekend at all.  But I'm back and we can continue on this merry little journey of ours.  Where we end up?  Nobody knows!

Well I was almost right.  What we have this week will be the most we ever have.  So wasn't quite so far off.  But hopefully it's all going somewhere better.  Maybe I won't be so stumped in the future?  Well things will become more difficult, slightly.  But nothing is ever too hard.  Just remember that.  Never give up hope.  Even if you have to make your own.

Crazy morning, super tired and just not feeling 100%.  Skipped the gym and slept in.  Not a good start to the week at all.  Especially considering that I usually skip the gym towards the latter part of the week.  But I'll keep at it, and hopefully I'll be back in the swing of things tomorrow.

So where was I?  Last week I did mention that I would do a political blog on the Friday, but now I can't even recall what I wanted to say.  The state of Australian politics is a joke, but having said that, it's a joke everywhere.  Governments are forever looking to oppress the people and maintain their hold on power, yet the people never rise up and revolt.  If they do, they are denounced and their own people turn on them.  It makes no sense.  Something has to break, something's gotta give.  The question is when, what over?  Everything keeps us pacified, it stops us from getting angry.  It stops us from seeking justice.

I had an interesting conversation the other day about feminism and how it's so rooted in notions of privileged, university educated white women who tend to enforce their viewpoints on others, and if they disagree, they must be misogynists.  Some of the time, that characterisation could be correct, but I am concerned when it becomes their default position.  Let's move to a hypothetical situation where a woman has the sole ambition of becoming a housewife after college.  That should be fine, that should be her choice, but this current wave of feminism will criticise her for 'wasting her life in the kitchen' and not pursuing higher education and obtaining a high paying executive job, while simultaneously raising children.  True equality should be about freedom of choice.  In this regard, these sorts of feminists are no better than the raging right wing conservatives who say women have no role to play on society - they are both enforcing their view point on others.  There's no freedom to dissent.  I think there is the inherent problem from both sides.  Let's talk abortion for a minute.  In an ideal world with 50% left wing people and 50% right wing people, the correct political policy move is to legalise abortion.  Those who don't wish to abort will not do it, and this should be voiced to the public.  Those who need it should be able to undertake the procedure.  You can't deny someone something on the other basis, because it makes no sense.  The problem is that the right wingers want to get involved in other people's business and force them to give birth to a child they cannot take care of.  It is that simple. 

The low level of literacy in this country is appalling.  There are so many people out there, in jobs even where their levels of reading and writing are just incredibly poor, like somewhere between primary and high school levels.  How could this be happening?  The school system is failing everyone.  Private and public.  Some people just like to chase the wrong thing.

Running into the most random of people today.  It also leads to more questions.  Perhaps things require more thought?  None of it makes sense.  Yet caged and shackled I am, I can't breathe.

How do I want to live my life?  I want to live so I know that the life I currently lead is a privilege, and it's not a right.  There are so many people in the world who will never have what I have, and I have to realise that I'm lucky. 

Hahaha, and to completely flip-flop, I just want to mention that it's incredibly dangerous to browse Amazon when you have a large credit card limit.  But I never spend money like a douche.  I'm careful and I save well. 

Not a lot going on work wise.  Not a lot going on otherwise, either!  That's just my life.  Don't wish for drama, because you don't need it.

That's it for today folks!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus