Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blistering Cove

All just seems so desolate now.  Everything becomes grey and cold.  Lifeless almost, as the winter chills you right to your bones.  Didn't really get to sleep much last night, again!  But this time it wasn't my fault.  I wasn't able to get to bed on time.  Just doing chores.  Wasting my life, and thus the cycle continues.  Sometimes it all gets a bit too much, you know.  But at least I was able to get some guitaring in.  Playing well.  My dexterity is getting better.  Perhaps I'm getting ever closer to matching my skills in uni when I was playing 8-12 hours a day and was doing absolutely insane things.  Tonight I will sleep on time.  I will get my extra hour.

I particularly enjoyed today's what if from xkcd, it highlights that water, that which gives us life is also what separates us.  You take away the Ocean, and you can see that we're all connected.  We're all the same.  How utterly tragic for the human condition.


I've made a conscious decision to use tumblr a lot less.  Well in the sense of posting less on there, as opposed to here.  I've got about 1,000 posts on there, and that's catching up (almost) to blogging output here, and that's not right, especially considering how many years we've been on here.  It'll be 10 years next year.  And I've only been on tumblr for just over a year.  It's wrong!  But I guess it's easier to reblog pages and pages of crap on there, as opposed to having so sit here and actually type things out.

The blog is text heavy, I get that, but that's how I best express myself.  Nothing by way of pictures and what not because I don't take many shots.  But you will be rewarded in other ways!  Hmm, I should do my best to get some work out of the way today, or else this entire week is going to be a complete write-off.

What a mockery of existence.  I could have been anything.  A tree, a bug, or even nothing.  Yet here I am as a human.  What greatness, what triumph, what tragedy.  Existence - you could be anything, and yet we have the good fortune to come into the world as what we are.  It truly boggles the mind. 

It's hard to get motivated to get things done when you have other things on your mind.  That and I'm so bloody tired!!  I just want to go to sleep.  But I'm slowly getting through stuff.

I'm sure I've mentioned that I will conduct our next blog intro/retrospective next year.  There's no point doing it this year and the next, because it's too soon - I can still remember some of the posts when I do it on an annual basis.  It'll fit in nicely with the 10 year anniversary theme. 

Is there such a thing as a hilarious erection?  Probably not.  But I still had a thriller of a time at lunch just before.  I was probably just incredibly tired but I got one out of nowhere while I was in the mall.  Luckily I was wearing a long coat because I was up and about, but then my ummm junk (hahaha) moved sideways and out of my underwear!  HOW IS THAT even possible?!!  Ahh my underwear is probably too tight.  But glad that ordeal was over.  The horror and hilarity hit me at once and I'm feeling slightly more awake than I was earlier. 

Stupid mindless boring work.  It's a good way to lose hope in humanity!  You know I actually feel better when the blogging output here is much higher than what's on tumblr.  This is where it's at people!!!
Gosh, this day is just dragging on and on!  I've still got over an hour and a half of work to go until I can go home, how annoying! 

Maybe I can make a bit more of an effort if I get some decent rest tonight?  Who knows.  Only half an hour to go.


But I'm going to call it there.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus