Tuesday, July 09, 2013

The Adventures Of Drymouth and Sock Puppet

Woke up this morning with the worst case of drymouth ever!  Felt like I'd just woken up in the middle of an Arizona desert or something like that.  But was still able to make it out to the gym for a weight session.  It was tough, but not impossible.  My limbs are all hurting which is probably a good sign.  I'm glad I didn't have to lift lighter weights, I was still able to make do at my old levels, which is still pretty high considering how light I am.  Here's to a full week of madness!  I'll be alright.  I need to also learn to start sitting up straight at my desk with both feet firmly planted on the floor.  I have a high desk, and I tend to sit with my feet up and on a hinge under the desk support.  Comfortable, yes, but also probably bad for my overall posture and it's killing my hips.  I was walking weirdly after work yesterday, so I should really put a stop to that.

Had a weird night of no productive sleep again.  I accidentally napped from 8:45 to 9:30 which ruined my evening, and then at bed time I could not sleep for at least 2-3 hours.  I was still able to get up but I am definitely not feeling the love right now.  I don't dream anymore.  I wonder why?  Do you remember when I used to have the most vivid dreams and I was able to still blog about them several hours after having them?  I miss those days.  Because now my nights are just dark and empty and meaningless.

Will make the effort to get some work done today, but not quite yet!  I'm still waking up.  I'll make the effort to get to sleep on time tonight.  As a result, I also missed out on a decent guitar session last night.  That's not good, considering I had not played very much on Sunday, and I didn't play at all on Friday or Saturday!  Not good, have to get into it with ridiculous tenacity!  But in that regard, I did find an absolutely epic chord progression which I think has a load of potential.  Haha, of course I won't be telling you what it is, but it's deceptively simple!  I'm surprised more people haven't thought of it!

I stupidly left my outlook open yesterday, with my blog post open.  Hopefully nobody read it.  Can't be so forgetful. 

Had the best orange juice this morning!  It's perfect when it's just a little bit sour and just a little bit sweet.

I am so freaking cold!  I just want to go back to sleep!!  But I will make a concentrated effort to stop posting so much on tumblr compared to here.  I prefer this by far.  Ok, I've done a bit of work, so I can blog some more, but the question is what is there to blog about??

You'd pay for silence on iTunes wouldn't you?  Just because it's the thing to do. 

Where the hell is everyone today?  Work is empty. 

Ok so I only did a little bit of work today, but I'll turn that around tomorrow.  Thought I might as well make the most of an empty office.  I wonder what my output is?  3,000 words per day?  Not bad, I would have finished a lot of my uni assignments very quickly if I was able to keep that up.  Is this my best stuff?  Am I trying hard enough, or have I already given up? 

Maybe I gave up a little too easily before.  Perhaps it was just the initial stress of being away from home, or joining the workforce?  Who knows?  Would it all have been different?  Who knows?  It could have been worse!  I guess well all end up second guessing decisions and choices we made.  Too bad we can't live it all at once.  Can I go home yet?  This is all just so empty.  Not really feeling the motivation at the moment.

But I'll leave it there for now.

Hopefully it'll get better tomorrow!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus