Saturday, July 06, 2013

Flopping & Rolling

I've got nothing.  Like literally nothing here!  What am I going to blog about today?

Why is it that people can't identify with people who don't look like them?  Chances are, if you're reading this you're some middle/upper class person doing relatively well financially.  After all, you have a computer/phone with an internet connection and what not.  Does that mean you're less likely to engage with someone who is living in a ghetto in the middle of Lagos, Nigeria?  That makes you a bad person.  Because everyone is human and they feel the same things you do.  Because it really pisses me off when 200 people die in mudslides in South America and nobody cares, but when some little girl from the suburbs loses her dog, everyone feels for her. 

I've really gotta start living a more ascetic lifestyle.  Just got too much shit, too many complications.  Last night I discovered that all my time is going to social media when I get home.  This is lovely because this is only a push style blog.  I publish content and everyone else reads it.  But things like facebook and tumblr and what not are all push/pull, so I have to digest information as I'm posting, which takes ages.  I've gotta be more frugal.  I don't need to be spending my money for no reason.  Just get what I need, not what I want.  There is a key difference there.

Things like the property pages in the papers really pisses me off, too!  They focus on all these prestigious properties that are worth like upwards of $1.5 million!  Who can afford places like that?  People are just being priced right out of the property market, and then there are all these douchebags with bloody property portfolios.  The market is screwed!  I really wish they would impose limits on home ownership.  No investment properties, or at least 1 investment property per adult.  The market would adjust, property prices would tumble and housing would be more affordable.  Real property shouldn't be treated as a tradeable commodity.  That's just my opinion.  You can't really 'own' a piece of the land.  You think houses that people bought in the 1600s mean anything now?  No, of course not.  It's all just artificial.  So who gives a shit about seeing things they can't afford?  It should be about having your own property that you can afford.  But that's probably too radical.  I think we could slow population growth by putting the brakes on unchecked urban development and expansion. 

There was a bit of controversy on television recently, as one of the hosts on Sunrise (a terrible morning breakfast 'news' program) was fired.  It was announced on the show that she was leaving the show to pursue news opportunities, but it has since been revealed that she was fired to make way for another presenter, who focus groups preferred to see, since she appeared funnier and was 'sexier' to the male demographic.  I don't typically watch morning shows because they're excruciating.  No real news content, just misinformed opinions and the continued dumbing down of the audience.  I prefer to eat my cereal in silence at the table in the morning to be more efficient.  Anyway, the person in question was Melissa Doyle, who is in her early 40's, and has been replaced by someone about 8 years younger than her, in Samantha Armytage.  Now I rate Samantha, she used to be reporter on my hometown news, and I liked her face and her curves, so I'm going to have to agree with the focus group testing, haha!  Good times.

Ahhh too long without gyming.  My muscles and strength are all fading away.  Not good!  It's gonna be a bitch going back, but I gotta, or else it'll be gone permanently!


Ok, better leave it there for now.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus