Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Dreaming Of Sleeping

Yes, it actually happened last night.  Then again, looking back I've realised that I've had a few dreams where I've dreamt of being asleep.  Yes, I actually had a dream within a dream!  It was almost inception!  You know things are bad when you have to dream about sleep.  It just shows that I'm not sleeping properly.  Despite going to bed early, it was disturbed sleep and I was awoken in the morning by people having loud conversations.  Not cool.  On top of that, I'm starting to feel really sick.  Like on the cusp of being biblically ill.  I woke up with massive stomach pains and now my throat is all itchy, like I'm about to come down with something.  I should have stayed at home, but since I took Friday off already, I don't think I can.  Ahh, it's all just a bit too much.  It doesn't help that it's so damn cold over at my desk.  I wonder what dreaming about sleeping actually means?  Do dreams even mean anything? 

I'm really disgusted by all this media coverage of the birth of the new Royal baby.  For our American readers, I salute you, because I doubt you give a shit, and I'm sure your media hasn't covered it like ours has.  Yes, we're still part of the Commonwealth (i.e. the British empire), but in reality we have no connection to them.  It's these sort of ties, to a dying empire, which is hampering our progress in forming appropriate alliances with Asia.  We are buried in the middle of Asia and it is of great strategic value to be allied to our Asian neighbours.  But people are still married to this concept that we are an outpost for the British, and anything that isn't White-Anglo-Saxon-Protestant (WASP-y) in nature is the 'exotic enemy' and can't be trusted.  But anyway, I digress.  What importance is there of a baby?  Babies are born all the freakin' time, which is why we're here.  In fact, we're having too many babies.  Yes, we are overpopulating the Earth, and it's really going to mess up our future.  People are being told to plan for families and people from third worlds are being told to restrict the amount of children they have.

What a disgusting concept, is child rearing going to become the exclusive domain of white, developed nation, privilege?  The whole thing wreaks of post-colonialism.  Let them breed, yes it's going to cause a massive bane on world resources, but it will be a good test.  If we're going to make things better for the planet, or have to leave and expose other planets to the cancer that is humanity.  Perhaps that's what's needed to jump start innovation?  People survived without money and all these bullshit notions of social media for millenia before this time, and I'm sure they can survive without it.  All these things are all artificial constructs that we created to elevate some and subjugate the rest.

Haha, there I go, I went off another tangent!  Ok, the main point I was trying to make here was that this concept seems to be pushed forward by tabloids and gossip rags that cater more to females.  Why is that?  I think despite all this new wave feminism, there's still a sick fantasy in every woman's mind about meeting a prince and becoming his princess.  It taps into really messed up desires of attaining wealth, power and prestige without having to work for it.  You just marry into it and attain the titles and everything else that comes with that.  And that shit is just not right.

I'm really hoping that the posts of this year are a bit more 'put together' compared to the majority of posts from last year, which I'm sure were stream of consciousness and probably don't even make sense.  But I don't really recall what I wrote.  Perhaps when I get to the blog intro/retrospective next year - 10 years!  Sheeeeit!  That's just lunacy.  I still remember when the other invited me into this and I had no idea what a blog was.  But I took to it, damn it! 

Got into work at 8:40 this morning and all I could think of was goddamn.  I spoke to the other last night about our lives, and he quoted Trent Reznor who said he can see into the future because he lives with so much routine.  My jaw dropped because I knew exactly what he was on about.

Ahh, it's such a relief to get a major piece of work out of the way, isn't it?  But I'm still keeping up with the smaller bits too.

Hmmm, I'd better leave it there for now.  This has been constructive.

Take care.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus