Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Achtung, Boys!

Hahahaha, double, if not triple reference there!  Sometimes I just crack myself up.  Yeah, apologies for the lack of posts since Saturday.  I have been super sick.  I actually got worse over the weekend.  I actually ended up missing some of work this week to stay home and recover.  I'm still not 100% but I can at least work.  What's sad is that I came in to work today and after about an hour I had pretty much done everything I needed to!  What the hell?!  And I had like 30 new e-mails when I came in - most of it pointless and irrelevant crap.  Ahhh!  What on Earth is going on!

It's just a bit of a cold, but I haven't been able to go to the gym.  I just spent the time at home downing paracetamol and vitamin pills and pigging out like a mofo.  I actually feel sluggish and heavy, hahah!  Oh well,  I'll give the gym a skip until next week.  Then get back into things that way.  The paracetamol has been wreaking havoc on my stomach.  That stuff is not good for you at all.  What do you do when the cure is worse than the disease?  I'm sure that's a song lyric, but I can't recall where from.

How technology changes things!  From just 2008 we got inundated with lots of comments (and page hits) from people seeking out a particular song that was featured in Scrubs (with the lyrics "i'm all dressed in blue and remembering you").  The other knew the song and referenced it in a post and it attracted a lot of people.  But just a few years later, things like smart phones with their shazams and their soundhounds, and even google's near algorithms have improved, so that people wouldn't have to come here anymore to get that sort of information. 

But my forced sabbatical was interesting.  I spent most of the time sleeping and playing Real Racing 3.  I think I'm addicted to that game.  It's annoying because there are so many time barriers built into it!  I've really gotta stop playing it and get back to Instagramming.  My goal is to catch up on all the old photos of people that I follow.  When you follow about 100 people, it gets a bit harder.  I'm not one of those who can follow 1,000 people and just scroll through my feed and like stuff as it pops out.  I prefer to have a feed full of stuff that I like, even if it's smaller.  And it'll be nice to catch up!  I'm just one of those people who can't leave things incomplete!

I also managed to watch Date Night and The Avengers while I was sick.  Not bad at all!  Very enjoyable flicks, but I thought The Avengers was overrated.  The first iron man film was far superior.  I didn't play any other games and I didn't even get on the computer.

Now that I've returned to work, other people are also back from long term leave and I realise I should have made more of the opportunity to get out and do things!  Can't do what I did before, even if there's nothing to do.

The problem is independence.  When you're tied to others, freedom takes on a whole other meaning.  Problems remain problems, and you can search for the remainder of your natural life, but solutions are nigh on impossible to come by.

Blog readership is up considerably over this month, and I'm quite happy with that.  I don't think this month was better compared to previous months this year, but I guess we have seen a sort of return to pseudo-intellectual discussion in amongst all the anarchy inside my (our) mind. 

Ahhh I just wanna sit on a wifi connection and like pics on instagram!  Nothing more!  It's sunny outside, but I refuse to believe it is warm.  It's all an artificial world.

3 more hours of this crap?  Oh man!  Looks like it's just replacing one thing with another. 

And there are many things still left unsaid.  And at night they bay and they bay, again and again. 

I was reading that World War Z received poor reviews because it was so vastly different to the book, which I had read was very well received.  And I think that is partly what is wrong with the film industry.  Prices are high for the same experience as previously, but now producers and studios actively seek to market films to audiences.  Instead of staying true to source material, things will be altered to make it more palatable to viewers who will see a flick just cause Brad Pitt is in it, despite his atrocious acting skills.  They don't market films to people who just love movies.  There's no justice in that, and they will of course fail, and deservedly so.

Read this morning that Bradley Manning has thankfully escaped most of his trumped up charges.  Unfortunately he has still been found guilty on a few counts, and can still go to prison for a very long time.  And for what?  Telling the truth?  Exposing war crimes?  This is sick.  It's a disgrace on the United States that things like this could occur, where whistleblowing is treated in such a manner.  Then again of course they wouldn't want their dirty little secrets out in public like this.  Disgusting, truly.  He should be completely exonerated, or some recognition of his existing time in captivity and be immediately released.  Time will prove him right.  This sort of stuff should not be kept from the public.  But ergo, we as humans keep making the same mistakes. 

Heading off interstate for an overnight trip next week.  Hoping to get well before then because it's going to be tough!  What I don't get is the idea for record companies to have to re-release artists first albums.  It just goes to show that they aren't promoting people properly.  If there's a good song and the album takes off, companies will re-release it later, under the guise of another debut, but that's just crap.  It's a money making exercise, sometimes with some b-sides or outtakes added to make it seem like it's new.  If they promoted things properly off the bat, good songs would get the traction they require and albums would actually sell.  Just goes to show that people don't know what they're doing.

Ahh, one hour to go, I can do this!!

But I better call it for today folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus