Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Rostruming Posturing

And other slight turns of phrase.  It's an oddly mild day here, despite it being winter.  I'm feeling good though.  Much better than yesterday, at least.  On that particular point, I wonder whether it's true that most of the time if you're stuck in an embarrassing situation, you'll be the only person who remembers it?  Who knows, but I guess it's food for thought.


So I finally got around to unfollowing a number of people on tumblr and twitter and I'm already feeling much better!  Less crap to get through = more time for me.  You don't know what a relief that is.  There's so much information that we're bombarded with everyday, yet most of it is entirely irrelevant.  You have to limit things down to the relevant information, that way you're left with enough time to do the things you actually enjoy.  I read that people are spending up to an hour a day on facebook, and it's really eating into people's time.  What in the hell?!  That's sooooo ridiculous!  I'd be lucky to even log 10 mins a day on facebook, even over the weekend.  Most of the crap on there is inane dribble that nobody needs to waste their time on. 

That being said, I had a difficult time getting into guitar last night.  Things just aren't going well.  I'm playing well, but I'm just not covering as many tracks as I'd like to in an evening.  Perhaps some inspiration and a new way of going about things is needed.  Maybe I'm stuck in a bit of a playing rut.

Curse people who send weird e-mails and texts without explanation!

The other day I decided I needed a bit of time for myself.  So for the first time ever, I went and saw a movie by myself.  It was Pacific Rim - I highly enjoyed it.  Go check it out if you have the opportunity, I think it has something for everybody.

For the first time in a while I recall a dream.  I was at home on the top floor when I looked outside and the entire landscape was different, so mountainous but it was all flooded and the waters were raging and climbing.  It was like a scene out of day after tomorrow.  Then all of a sudden I was in a high rise apartment and the waves were getting even more insane.  Things were not boding well, then I slowly woke up.  It's good to dream I guess, even if things are a little nuts.

I've got a bit more stuff to get through today, so let's see what happens throughout the day!

I have a first world virtual problem.  I used to follow underligste (aka otoni) on tumblr.  She's a model of the ummm, let's just say morally ambiguous variety?  Anyhow, I really liked the way she looked, and she was just engaging in a spot of rampant capitalism in asking people to contribute to giving her money and gifts and what not.  I guess that's fine.  But eventually, things got a bit more sinister when she stated to espouse views that were definitely right wing extremist, to the point of overt racism.  She's scandinavian, so I wanted to refrain from generalising, because I am certain not everyone from that area is as stupid as she is.  When she was called out on it, she went incredibly defensive and turned it up to even more crazy, so I unfollowed her.  Now I'm wondering whether I should follow her again, but she's crazy!!  Ahh battle of the brain and the nether-regions!  The eternal struggle, hahaha!

What I'm really concerned about is this idea in Western nations now that people don't owe anything for injustices of the past.  This is especially true in a lot of conservative thinking where people say "all this bad stuff happened in the past, it has nothing to do with me, so I shouldn't be sorry".  And therein lies the problem.  People don't want to take responsibility for the injustices of the past, whether it be in relation to the mistreatment of indigenous people, or things like slavery.  The hurt and pain does not dissipate in one generation, it is passed on, as these injustices tend to grow and be fostered as time wears on.  You can't expect people to overcome things like this overnight or to 'just get over it'.  If your land was stolen and your people killed, do you think you would just 'get over it'?  Yeah, I'd think not.  Where's the responsibility?  Where's the motivation to do better?

Oh what a weird moment of temporal dissonance!  I was just in a meeting and then came out and I could have sworn it was 11am and time for a snack.  So I ate and read some news, then I looked at the clock and it was only 10:15am!  Haha damn, I ate too early, not good!!  Haha now it's thrown everything off kilter.

Hahah so I just went to a little training workshop at work and some lady was leading it and she let me use her computer.  Then I realised she was logged on as herself, and not under a generic username.  HELLO PERSONAL E-MAILS!  Hahaha, whenever she walked off or was speaking to someone, I was going through her e-mails.  Damn, people talk about theeeeeeeee most boring shit.  Diets, parties, going out.  Groannnnnn.

Ok, goddamn!  It almost killed me, but I finally finished part 2 of theJoaquin Rate List (JRL).  It's possibly the biggest update so far, so enjoy!  Some names have been deleted, others have been added.  Has your favourite survived?  Who knows!  Best to check it out and see.  Unless there is suddenly an influx of unknown hotties, I'm also expecting this to be the last update to the JRL for some time.  But we will see!  Never give up, hahaha!  It's a never ending battle, I tells ya!

Ahh it's raining and I don't have my umbrella, crap!  I should have known better!!  Hopefully it'll clear up in the 3 hours to go before I have to go home. 

And with that, I think I have completely run out of things to say for today.  Ahh, but I still have 40 minutes to go and my brain is drained!  I can't work!

Woah, just looking back on this post, it's a monster blog.  But that's good, haven't had a good run of those for quite some time.  It makes me happy!

But this has probably been a hell of a post.  I might as well leave it there.  Got Friday off work, woohoo!!  Now to figure out what to do with my time.

Take care folks.


Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus