Wednesday, July 03, 2013

I Want It All, And I Want It Now

Freddie knew what he was on about.  And I know what he means.  Repeating words and what not, we've got to be responsible for our own lives. 

And what a plot twist it is.  Does the plot thicken?  I'm not even sure what it means, or what could be going on.  Dealing with so many bits of information.  But what's the point when it's literally millions of pieces of information?  If you can't connect the dots, it doesn't mean a goddamn thing. 

So have hit a major milestone wealth wise, and I have figured out that I'm in the top 10% of income earners in the country, and I'd be in the top 7% in the United States.  Not bad for my age, not at all!  But even then, sometimes it's not so easy to get by, and I wonder how other people are getting on, especially those with children to look after.  It's not a fair world, is it?

Sometimes things just don't make sense, no matter how much time you waste sitting there trying to rationalise it. 

It's still utterly freezing, and I didn't make it to the gym again.  That's a bit crappy, considering I was actually up this morning.  Where does my time go at night?  I try to get to bed early, but I'm still late every night.  I'll change that from tomorrow onwards.  Will start making an effort. 

Was reading an interesting article online today that people are throwing around the term 'post racial' in places like the United States.  Apparently since there's a 'black president' (which isn't even true, he's biracial - how can he be black more than he's white?  It's assuming that if you have any form of ethnicity other than white, you are automatically that ethnicity.  Also leads to uncomfortable assumptions that 'whiteness' is more 'pure'), racism is no longer a 'thing'.  Apparently everything is all sorted!  Well that's great!  400 years of discrimination and fear just ended overnight apparently.  But that's the thing, it's never been addressed!  Wounds are still festering and nobody wants to talk openly about it.  Then you get stupid shit like news sites running interviews on whether "nigger" is worse than "cracker".  God help you.  White people don't get discriminated against in white countries!  You can't claim otherwise, and if you think that's true, you're naive and stupid.  Things will never move forward until amends are made.

I managed to fix up an issue I've been having with my computer and the speakers.  For some silly reason, my speakers would need to be reloaded through the soundcard every time I started up my computer, and it got really annoying.  Then I found out that I had plugged in my front speakers (I use a 5.1 setup) into the wrong port on my soundcard.  I've been doing this for about a year and a half!  Hahaha, how terrible!!!  How embarrassing.  It's not the first time I've been embarrassed when its come to computer related stuff.  Well at least it's all sorted now. 

I've got a feeling that I need a filling for my tooth.  Whenever I have something sweet, my tooth gets really painful!  Ahhh, back to the good old days of fillings.  It'll probably be my third one.  My own fault really. 

And what do you do when opportunities present themselves?  All cloaked under shadows and darkness.  Something is very askew.  Surely it has nothing to do with me.  Perhaps I was too late?  I've been getting a hankering lately to get back into reading books.  Places like Amazon are great to buy and ship things because it's so cheap!  I don't know why anyone would buy a book from a store anymore.  It doesn't make sense when you factor in the idea that it's almost twice the price!  Ahh free market economics, let the consumer bring down the book stores!!  I vote with my dollars, thank you very much.

Oh man, I am just utterly struggling to stay awake here.  I'm hoping this week picks up because I've lost all focus.  Is that why this blog is not as good as it used to be?  The volume is there, but the quality is what's bugging at me.  Is there a noticeable lapse in quality from 2011 onwards?  Maybe I'm just missing the creative spark of the other.  Will hit up guitar in full force tonight, provided I can stay awake long enough.  Just have to stop wasting so much time.

Let's see what we can learn.

I'm going to leave it there for today.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus