Friday, July 12, 2013

Wasted Daze

Wasted days, any way you look at it, it's all the same.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.  So what of it?

Feeling very hard to get going this morning.  I've got things to do, but I just can't get to it.  I'm also mega hungry, but I can't eat for another 30 minutes!  Yeah yeah, I know, it's a whitewhine.  I don't just feel tired, I know I look tired.  I'm going to sleep well tonight and for a very long time.  Don't even try to wake me!  No more tumblring for a while, so I'm looking to get my life back.  More guitaring please.  That's all I need.

Pretty annoyed this morning.  Went to the gym and everything was going fine.  My cardio workout is 10 mins cross trainer, 10 mins bike, 10 minute treadmill.  The gym is usualy empty in the mornings, especially Fridays, but today some lady was on one (of two) of the treadmills.  I was on my last minute of the bike when some bitch just walks in and gets on the other treadmill!  Fuck my life!  Seriously?!  Is this really happening?  So I had to find another way to exercise for my last 10 minutes.  What a bitch!  I'd already been there 20 minutes, and this other bitch won't get off the treadmill and some other bitch wakes up later than me, strolls into the gym and just starts walking on the other treadmill?!  Farkk, how analogous to life, right?  People work hard get up early and what not, and wait, and then some other dickwads just don't try, and get the opportunities before you.  That's just not right, but that's the real world and it sucks.

Got an interesting letter from the tax office the other day.  I thought I would be up for the Pay As You Go scheme, for which I received a letter last year.  To put it simply, once your level of income hits a certain amount, you are forced to pre-pay a certain amount, and once you conduct your tax return, you will either have to pay more to make up the amount, or you get refunded some.  I think that's an absolute load of shit, because that money goes towards my investment income, which is income I should be able to freely derive and then they can tax me at the end.  I should be able to use my money as I see fit, otherwise I'm enterting into a pseudo loan system with the tax office.  Why should they be able to claim my money before it falls due?  What if I need those funds for something else urgent?  Regardless, the letter said that I didn't have to enter into the arrangement this year.  Ok, strange!  But if it happens again next year, I'm going to challenge it! 

The film and music industry is dying.  Profits are at a record low, why?  I think it's the consumer fighting back.  For decades we've put up with rising costs of records/albums and movies and the consumer is sick of it.  When so much music and so many films are released each year, how can someone be expected to pay full retail price for that sort of thing?  $30 AUD for a record of 10 tracks?  $20 for a movie?!  Get lost!  People won't stand for that shit, especially cause it'll all add up over time.  Factor in that the big name movie stars and musicians are so overpaid, and that creates a feeling of resentment in the average person.  So if the person has the opportunity to download something for free over paying those outrageous amounts, what do you think they're going to do?  It feels so normal that it doesn't even feel illegal.  Ahh free market capitalism, overcoming price gouging like a mofo!  Let those industries die and let the real artists shine.  Society will prop them up.  We're just too oversaturated with mediocrity at the moment to even care.  And that just leads to bigger issues.  People don't care about Government spying on its own people because as long as there is fear, they will always give in.  As long as there's a sale on crap they don't need, they will continue to ignore the things that actually matter.

I don't know if I've mentioned that I've got chillblains on my toes and fingers.  It really sucks cause they're painful and so swollen.  Can't do anything about it except manage the pain, because it comes and goes, regardless of what sort of temperature my limbs are exposed to.

Don't worry, I've got things to do and I'm slowly getting through them!  I'm really concerned that people aren't more upset with this whole NSA spying thing.  Too many people say it's just a consequence of the times we live in.  What apathy!  That is the kind of crap that's going to lead us into an undemocratic, utilitarian society.

So I was wrong, but not completely wrong.  What I have next week will be the most I ever have.   And then that's it!  All over, all gone.  How does one solve a problem like that?  Surely I'm over analysing things, but it's better to be cautious than risk taking. 

Weekend plans?  None.  Nothing whatsoever.  But that's ok, I can just wait and let life fade away.  Then I'm gone.  As we all will be.

And that's just how things are.

Take care.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus