Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Nature Of Existence

Is a mystery to me.  I mean we are born into this life, through no choice of our own, into circumstances none of us have any control over.  And then we're just expected to fend for ourselves and struggle everyday, to enjoy things if we ever get the opportunity, and then just one day, it's all over.  That's it.  How arbitrary.  How random.  I will never understand it.  And instead of pondering the bigger questions out there, we shuffle about our boring meaningless lives.  There's so much injustice in the world, there's so much unfairness, yet nobody is doing anything about it.  Some people get it so good, yet others have it so bad.  Nobody seems to care.  It will just never make sense to me. 

I am particularly enthused by the e-mails that twitter sends out, saying that they can catch me up on this week's tweets.  What hilarity!  Twitter is only as big as you make it, and I only follow about 60 people, who thankfully don't tweet that often.  So I can always read all the posts within 5 minutes or so, and I do check it every day!  How come twitter doesn't know that?  Their systems should be integrated.  Ahh, ever since I unfollowed a bunch of people on twitter and tumblr, life is much easier.  It doesn't take so long to check social media everyday, and I can get on with everything else. 

Got into some guitarage last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Fixed up a few ideas I had in the pipeline, and I'm feeling very motivated.  However, I am feeling incredibly tired and drained right now.  Probably had something to do with the fact I had to do weights two days in a row and couldn't warm up because the cardio room was locked up.  It might even turn into three days with tomorrow's workout!  Damn, not having nearly enough protein for this crap!  But seriously, I am mega exhausted.  It feels like a Friday, and it's only Wednesday, goddamn.  Well at least tomorrow is my last day.

I was reading today that the minimum wage in America is $7.25 per hour.  Holy crap, that is ridiculous.  How are people expected to survive on that sort of money?  It's disgusting, especially in a developed nation.  But I guess America is the nation of Corporations where company executives and shareholders can get away with whatever.  They get rich off the back of the underpaid worker, and conservatives will get uppity and say they should be allowed to do this.  Unless you're working 2-3 jobs, I think it's impossible to survive, and they wonder why people are so down on things.  It's not right.  People have to rise up, and people have a bad reaction when things like the Occupy movement come into the picture.  It's not about getting things that people haven't 'worked' for, because they have, it's just that the rewards have not been equally distributed.

Another wet, cold and dreary day here.  Surprise surprise.  I've got work to do, but can I really be assed?  Haha that's a question that's open for debate.  The evenings have been relatively quiet and productive, I've been enjoying it.  But what I really need is some time to just sit on a wifi connection and go through my instagram follow list and delete people.  After that, I can relax!

Is there anything I can rant about today?  I can't really think of anything.  Haha, I guess it's been a productive blogging week, and it's only Wednesday.  Hopefully the rest of the week can be just as productive. 

Can I just say that I'm really enjoying my new socks?  I bought some thick socks just as winter set in, and my feet feel like a million bucks.  Everything is just so warm and snug down there.  Light years better than my regular socks.

When you think about it, the probability of life is so low, it's just a massive wonder (or fluke) how it could have happened.  The Big Bang, for some incredible reason.  Matter to form as it did, and for all the energy and dark energy to give shape to the universe and ensure all its atoms functioned appropriately.  Then for the stars to form as they did, and for dust and other fragments to combine together and create planets.  For everything to just shoot out, spinning along and colliding, and for various galaxies and solar systems to form.  Then for water and an atmosphere to form on Earth, slowly.  And for life to suddenly spring forth, and for evolution to shape its way over millions of years.  For humans to evolve from apes, for civilisation to take its course.  For your parents to meet and make you.  It's all just a bit...unfathomable, don't you think?  There's just so much about the universe we don't know.  I wish I was born in the future, just so we knew a little bit more about what's around us and how things came to be.  I really hope we can find those answers.  But right now, with all we think we know, we're still just groping blindly in the dark, fumbling hopefully for the truth.  As I've said before, I would really love for everyone to be imbuded with truth after death.  I want to know the mysteries of everything that's ever happened in the world.

Ahhh and there we go again, crazy ass day.  Ate too much food, and was distracted with a lot of other work so I couldn't focus on my main task at hand.  Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

At least there's only 18 minutes to go until I get out of here, and tomorrow is my "Friday"!  Yeahhh, game on, buddy!

That's it for now, take care folks.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus