Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Trollio, Trollio, Wherefore Art Thou, Trollio?


Just had the weirdest thoughts after I woke up today.  Well I woke up a fair bit before my alarm went off (this seems to be a regular occurrence on weekdays for some reason), and the first thing that entered my mind was that "you will die".  It's weird being aware of your own mortality, especially at such a random part of the day.  But not just that, it was the thought of "you will die and there will be nothing, no memory, no consciousness, no transformation into anything else, not even darkness, it is just non-existence" and that was just a depressing thought.  It all comes back to this argument of what life was like pre-birth, where there was no existence, and you had no consciousness.  Is that death?

If that's the case, how fucked up is society?  There are so many poor people, so many abused people, those who suffer on a regular basis.  Those whose very existence is suffering, the sick, the diseased, the starving with nothing better to look forward to except death.  And in that, there's nothing.  Oh how fatalistic and existentialist of me?!  Nevertheless, these are important questions.  I'm worried, I'm concerned.  But there's nothing you, me or any of us can do about it.  Isn't there so much injustice in the world?  We don't deserve to survive.  We fucked things up a long time ago, and now things have gotten out of hand.

Maybe it's all just on my mind because of my loss of faith.  Well I'm hoping it's temporary, I'm just asking some questions.  It would be nice to rediscover it and get back into things pell mell, but damn it's been hard.  Then again, I guess it was all my own doing anyway.  Perhaps I just don't want to be judged.  What unfortunate luck to be born now, what unfortunate luck to be born in the past.  Why not the future?  I want to see what's in store for humanity, whether I contribute to it or not.

Wearing a raglan undershirt today and holy moly, it makes such a huge difference to staying warm.  The temperature has dropped considerably over the past few days and I'm basically just staying indoors to avoid the elements.  If only I could just stay in bed!  Haha, damn, I probably should have taken my holidays now!

Getting work done at a relatively quick pace today, which is definitely refreshing compared to the trials of yesterday!  Okay, having said that, I'm now feeling ridiculously tired again.  Goddamn, I need to start getting to sleep earlier, and to stop waking up before my alarm goes off, cause I'm just stuck in bed worrying how long I can stay in bed before I have to get up.

Where are we all going?  There are so many things going on in the world.  If you actually stopped to consider all the things that were going on around us, you would cease living superficial lives.

In an interesting turn of events, it seems that doing weight training has helped my guitar playing immensely.  When I was doing free weights, my guitar playing suffered, but I've found that weight machines have improved my dexterity and speed, as well as my stamina across my 6 string playing.  Well I'll be damned!  Good for me, haha!  I've changed up my gym routine, so instead of just cardio everyday, I'm alternating between cardio and weights on different days.  What's worrying is that I haven't come up with any original music for a while.  Hmmm, might have to learn some new chords.

Feeling just a little bit disconnected from everything.  This life even.  Semi-Charmed Life.

Just 4.5 hours to go until I'm out of here.  At least I'm getting things done!

Ahh, just 2 hours to go now.  But I'm feeling cold and tired.  Can I not just get into bed??  Well I could if I was at home, but if I was actually there, I would have to refrain from going to bed to make sure I actually sleep tonight.

Come on!  90 Minutes, I can do this!  Haha, most of these days I guess you're just counting time and passing it with me, right?

Oh man!  Just got bad news.  How do you deal with silly decisions like that?  I don't even know.  I think it's time to get out of this job.  This place is killing me.  Hmmm don't really feel like working now.

What am I supposed to do for 60 minutes??

I wonder what's next for me?  I mean I can't do this for the rest of my life.  Holy shit, I'm going to be 30 next year.  Where did my life go?  That's basically 1/3, IF I'm lucky.  If I want to do what I want to do, then I've really gotta get a move on.  Or else I'm just going to turn around and my life will be over and it's all just too late.

Whatever happened to Chris?  I mean after they fired him?  I ask myself that question a fair bit, and I have no idea.  We just fell out of contact, and I haven't heard from him in years.  Just add him to the list of people I never saw/heard from again, I suppose.

Whatever is going to happen to me?  Well not that I'm being fired, just overlooked.  And it seems to be running rampant in places like this.  Time to make my own way.  Think I'll just have to quit.

And that's that.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus