Friday, March 29, 2013

Pete Wentz Needs More Money (Or How I Learned To Stop Making Good Music And Sold Out)


Body is slowly recovering from the stress of all the eating and non-exercise yesterday.  I'm awake and with the program, so that's a big bonus.  Probably won't get a chance to blog much over the weekend.  Oh, that's right, I'm now reminded of last night's doings.  Turned my old phone on last night, saw the picture I took of you that Christmas.  When things were a little easier, and less complicated.  Things were happier then.  How much did we get done that weekend?  Before things all fell apart a few years later.  Did I really need that?  Stupid old nokia phones.  Why the hell can't you send mms' to newer phones?!?!  Or at least e-mail them?!  Terrible, I don't know why the market didn't destroy those phones at that time.  We've come a long way, baby.

Got the new iOS update.  I've been running ios5.x for some time, as I'd heard horror stories about ios6.x for the longest time.  However I made the switch last night after noticing how slow my phone was running (let's not even get into the Optus 3G issues).  There was also a carrier update, so hopefully it's all running well when I try to use 3G from the city later today.  Will let you all know how it goes.  Just makes me a little paranoid that Apple could be putting deliberate flaws in their older iOS' so that you have no choice but to upgrade. 

Added stacks of things to my youtube list to watch over the weekend.  Looking forward to it very much.

Haven't really had the opportunity to game in a while, but I'll get into that tonight.  Looking forward to a 4 day weekend and two short weeks in a row. 

Argh, last night's guitaring was absolutely terrible.  It was like I was back in crapland, playing slowly, without any feeling of synchronisation between the hands.  I'm hoping it was just a once off, and this burst of skill that I've had recently wasn't just a fleeting moment.  We'll see what happens today.  Should keep playing the other's songs, some great stuff in there.  But I should also be working on fundamentals of theory, and getting notes down in relation to how they interact with each other.

Hmmm, feeling cold again, this isn't good!  I'm not wearing an undershirt today, so I might get sick if I'm not careful.

Rush - Halo Effect is the order of the day.  Not a whole lot to get done today, so just looking to run out the clock once again.

Well I was a lover, not a fighter, until I met you and now I'm a hater.

Ok, just 3 hours to go, I can do this!  Far away from the easter egg overload.

Do I have anything of import to say for today?  I don't think so.  Hmmm, I wish I did, cause this blog is in danger of growing stale without anything more interesting to talk about.  Then again, it was always meant to be about the fractured pieces of thought that make up the other's and my personality.

Anarchy inside my mind indeed.  Haha, self-referential!  Me so meta.

Feeling quite antisocial and moody right now, not like I want to whinge about it.  But just enough so I want to just lie in bed and do nothing and talk to no one.

Forget the past, because it's holding me back there.  Do you think back on people from your past and wonder if their lives turned out like they wanted?  Aren't you driven to succeed to show that you're better than all of them?  Where is my drive?  Where is my motivation?

Not just that, this isn't me, is it?  Sometimes I don't know who I am - what happened to me?  I feel it's going to rain.  I can see the grey clouds approaching.  Hope I can get home before it starts raining.

Should probably take more pics for the blog.  It worked pretty nicely on the last one, even if it was a pretty rushed job.

On top of Chivalry, I think I'll look into getting back into starcraft 2.  Maybe the other is playing again and we can get back into our 2v2 goodness. 

MSN is shutting down next month, which absolutely sucks!  Hahaha then again, the only person I talk to on there is T-boy.  Everyone else is on Skype, which is cool.  I can live with that.  It'll help since it has instant messenger and voice chat (and video).  MSN was an institution!  I remember back when I was first on the internet, my first folly was Virtual Spice Girls chat room.  The Spice Girls were massive back then, and I was a fan, so I got into that and to talking with people.  I was introduced to ICQ shortly after that, which was quite big on the scene, but that fell by the wayside as MSN took over.  I still remember crazy days of managing multiple chats.  The GUI was so much better compared to ICQ, and much smoother on the computer, less jerky.  You could also download hacks to make it run without ads and what not, and personalise it in really cool ways.  But then we got older, and it no longer became about instant messaging, but rather social media with the likes of myspace, hi5 and eventually facebook.  These things inevitably lead to the decline of chat based systems, yet comically enough, the chat system on facebook enjoys massive popularity.  What a world we live in!  You were an institution, MSN.  Good on you for your years of service, even if each successive build of the code got exponentially worse in terms of taking up RAM resources, as well as lacking functionality.

Anyway, I'd better leave it there.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus