Friday, March 15, 2013

She's A Cat Burglar


Drinking chai lattes.  How appropriate!

As you can tell from yesterday's post, it was a bit of a rush job, since I attempted to get it done in my last 40 minutes of work, but I kept getting interrupted, so everything was quite disjointed and unfinished.  But today is a little bit different, just need to work on a discussion paper and take it easy so I should be able to blog well.

Finally sorted through my new music, and I gotta say that I'm thoroughly impressed with a lot of the stuff I got.  Macklemore, old and new Kaki King, new Matchbox Twenty, Rush, even new Van Halen, and Mandy Moore have been fantastic.  Mandy Moore especially, has come into her own as a singer songwriter, who has really left the teen pop mould behind.  Very mature, often dark, witty lyrics and great delivery.  I wish she commanded the same sort of sales that she used to, but at least she has legitimacy now.  It took a hell of a long time to sort through, but I'm glad I did, as I have music added to my iPhone and of course to my computer.

Feeling quite tired today, but at least it's Friday, so I can sleep as soon as I get home for as long as I want!  It's also vanilla coke and good game night.  Should be relaxing!

Could I figure it out?  You should have been smarter.  But that would be wrong.

I've got 2 and a half hours until I have to go home, so let's see what I can come up with?

Damn, well time flew by, and now I've got only 80 minutes until home time!  I think today I wanted to talk about prisoners and prisoner's rights.  Now, I'm quite anti crime and I have no sympathy for criminals generally.  However, I am of the firm view that prisons are not really there to rehabilitate offenders, but merely to punish them, which defeats the purpose of having prisoners go in to learn their lesson and come out to reintegrate with society.  If people have committed a crime and are truly remorseful and can mend their ways, then by all rights, they should be allowed to re-integrate with society.  However, we know that prisons are overcrowded and that in general population, white collar criminals are mixed with hardened repeat offenders.  And I think therein lies the problem.  Society is too tough on crime.  There should be absolutely zero tolerance for it, because if we take an example of a person who has just committed a crime and ends up in prison, they will be abused and integrate with criminals.  When they have reached their point of no return, they will basically just give up on being good and being accepted by society.  So when they get out, the urge to commit more crimes is with them, as they don't really have anything to lose.  The incentive to re-offend and not get caught is higher than trying to be good once released, because you don't do the appropriate amount of time for the offence.

And that right there is a flawed system.  They don't have any rights. 

I'll keep it brief for now.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus