Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Roaring Forties


Not referring to the time period, more so the blast of antarctic wind to carry traders while on ships.

Are we talking about Kevin?  We are?  Ok, good, it's been mentioned then!

What is it about death?  Does it have to be so unfair?  Will I be allowed to get lost in my memories?  The good ones, I mean.  Will I be able to get lost in my dreams?  The best ones, I mean.  Or is that it?  Nothing.

What did I want to talk about today? 

Have I lost my ability to express what I see?  I can observe, that's for sure, but expression just seems to be lacking.  Not good, especially if I want to write lyrics to the songs I've got!

Feeling dead tired today.  Then again I guess it's my own fault for sleeping in a t-shirt when it's so cold.  I wake up in the mornings feeling very cold, so tonight it's definitely jumper weather! 

Why are the worst critics of women likely to be other women?  We live in times in which men are blamed for a lot of how women are treated (and most of the time, rightly so), but I think the biggest problem faced by women is other women.  Women aren't overtly critical of other women, for fear of being branded anti-feminist or a traitor.  But what they're thinking inside about other women, and the crippling fear that they're being judged by other women is just absolutely out there - but true.  Women are incredibly ultra competitive, and if threatened, they will lash out or act in ways to bring down their enemies.  Now I know they're genetically programmed to act in this manner, due to gene propogation and what not, but it makes no sense in a wider sense of the world.  I mean it's not an open market, all women are not in competition for all men.  In this day and age, at least, you are typically with the one person, so you're guaranteed security and forwarding on your genetic code.  So when you're already in a relationship, what are the chances of other women stealing your partner?  Very slim, not to say that it doesn't happen, of course, but it's still slim.  So why do women act out in such a fashion?

You know what hard andy I enjoy the most?  Fruit Tingles, hands down the best tasting and most flavourful thing I've ever had (in a hard candy form). 

With that juicy tidbit of information out of the way, I've realised that I have 3 hours until I can get out of here! 

Have been avoiding youtube lately, because it eats into so much of my time at home, but I think tonight I've earned some fun time.  It's all about watching Korean shows and Girls' Generation!  Nothing wrong with that at all!

I wish I was good at maths again!  I regained some good aptitude for it with my last job, which revolved around finance and numbers, but I've definitely lost those skills now.

Alright, 2 and a half hours to go until I'm out of here.  What to do with my time though?  No idea.

My work is almost done, so next week should be relatively free.  Hmmm, feeling epically hungry right now, just out of nowhere!  Hate it when that happens!  Just kind of sneaks up on you.  Oh well, at least it's only 2 hours till home time. 

What I find strange is that ever since I've started alternating my cardio and weights workouts, my knees have been feeling better.  I think hardcore running was bad, especially when it was everyday. 

Asuka Langley Sorhryuu was on the right track.  I should listen to her words more often.

My ear has gotten much better, to the point where I can transcribe a few songs, which is a hell of a long way from where I started off!  Haha, I remember playing an open G-chord very slowly and with great difficulty when I started, and wondered how I would ever get better.  I think it's just a war of attrition.  The longer you spend with an instrument and just playing, the better you'll automatically get, after time, of course.  So just stick with it, you'll get better.

Anyhow, that's it.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus