Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Talla-Hae


Well at least maybe if I knew what I was doing.  Early morning starts are the absolute worst, especially after my legs are not feeling 100% with the program.  At least I can spend all day stretching it out.

Had a great time jamming to my own tracks last night.  A while back, when I was using a different soundcard (I think it was a soundblaster live USB input one), I could connect my guitar lead straight into the line in input and record directly into Adobe Audition (hacked to full version, of course).  But most of the time I would use my old hewlett packard mic and just play my old Jordin electic but not wired into anything.  So needless to say, the sound quality was pretty poor, and I also had tabs as a backup in the dropbox folder that the other and I share.  I think that's definitely a skill that all guitarists (and musicians) have to learn.  Just playing along to other music.  It makes you a better player, and you learn how certain notes interact with chords, and you start to construct riffs and passages and licks that you can transpose to other keys, and just play at different speeds.  I had a great time!  Some unique ideas coming out, and I should start with some new stuff.  But lyrics are just as important, and I haven't written any in god knows how long.  It has literally been years, and that's terrible.  I also need to try better, because I need loads of work on lyrical melody to fit with chords and rhythm structures.  It's a very complex thing.

God I am so hungry, but I have to wait 40 or so minutes until I can actually eat something.  Blargh!

Still watching Robotech and Teknoman on a regular basis, and I'm so happy!  It's not just great tv, it's just great tv, period.  I'm just concerned that despite both shows having a general anti-war tone, that Robotech tends to glorify it a little, as Rick Hunter gradually becomes a fully fledged soldier and becomes indoctrinated into the whole military industrial complex.

Good to get some work done, but I'm really looking forward to getting home and eating something.  Short week has messed everyone up in terms of alertness and motivation to get things done. 

Blargh.  What a waste.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus