Friday, February 24, 2012

They Don't Want To Know Me

Absolute weirdest dream last night. I'm not convinced that I did meet the devil in my dream, in some sort of grotesque Exorcist type strangeness. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well last night, and I am incredibly tired today.

At least Good Game is back on tv! I was worried when they stopped putting the shows up in WMV format, but MP4 format plays on the tv, so I'm a happy little camper.

Made a shocking faux pas today where I inadvertently implied that a female friend was fat (right to her face)! What's worse is that I didn't even realise what I had said until she noted how offended she was. Yikes! Totally not my intention, but I apologised, but who knows how that one will pan out.

Feeling kind of violent lately, I don't know why. I was in the lift with some guy and all I could think about was jumping him and knocking him out. How very odd.

Let's talk about sexual politics! Bettina Arndt recently released an essay (yes, I'm still miffed that anyone would write essays outside of an assessable environment) regarding women who dress provocatively for attention. Arndt states that women do have a right to dress as they please, but they should not kick up a fuss when they attract attention from everyone. Essentially, the essay states that some women will
dress provocatively to attract attention from men - but only the right kind of alpha men. If attention is given by your typical Beta male, then a fuss will be created by said female. However, the article also went on to say that Betas know that they do not have a chance with said woman and tend to act quite aggressively and will leer and get grabby. This is very interesting behaviour being exhibited. Speaking
from personal experience, if a woman is dressed rather skimpily, I will look (yes I can't help it), but only for a second and then look away! But apparently when alphas are presented with the same behaviour, they are apparently invited to do so and further flirting can occur. How very interesting! I don't consider myself an alpha
male, not in the slightest sense. But what is interesting is that women will spurn advances from other men and call them inappropriate, but it is not as if women can just be "on show" for alphas. The rest of us are here too - not that I would be the kind to leer at our physically touch a woman wearing seductive clothes. But the idea is, of course we are looking at you! As Les Femme Anomaly said, women have a right to wear what they want, but if you wear something skimpy, don't be surprised if guys are going to look at you, but it's another thing to be harassed. Amen.

I guess I'm still reeling from High School and College rejection where the bad boys reigned supreme with the women, and going through my late teens to 20's and going on 30, I have to say that on the whole, alphas do get the girls. But they don't stay with them. So essentially, men on the whole are hardwired to desire women that they can't have. Then women on the whole are hardwired to desire men who can be with any
other woman. Ah the tragedy of man - God, how you make fools of us all.

This weekend will be devoted to more house hunting - oh fun fun fun!

Hmm let's get in some MW3 MP though, I could really do with shooting a few people.

Should also really start getting into a bit more guitar action. Something new, something original. That's what I want.

Is it just me, or is Liam Neeson in everything these days? The guy's wife died not that long ago, yet his output is still massive, I just don't get it. Take some time off and grieve, man!

I liked how Dave's Subaru Impreza RS had bucket seats. He would drive slowly, but going around corners, I loved the feeling of being planted to the seat.

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus