Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Draining Blood From A Stone, We All End Up Alone

What is this I'm pulling out of you?

The other and I have been on Google+ for some time now. In fact we were both on there when it was still in Beta. I gotta admit, it is very different to Facebook, but I find the interface quite difficult to use. Typically Google is quite good at understanding what users want, or predicting what is better, but I find the whole thing to be too hard to understand. There is too much lingo, and I don't understand what the different features do. The tutorials are quite lacking, and overall, it's just not an enjoyable experience. Facebook has changed substantially from what it used to be - and yes I do know,as I was on there in the (good old) days when it was restricted just to university alumni. So whatever changes occurred from that point
were not too much of a stretch from the initial easy to use experience, even if the whole experience became inferior as a result of the changes.

If they are really trying to compete with Facebook and do a better job, I think Google has to make the whole system a bit more intuitive, so that all users can get maximum use from the different options available.

Oh well, at least they are both still better than Hi-5! That was an awful social network.

Aren't condoms just the strangest things? I find them awful in terms of sexual enjoyment. I'm sure most guys would have to agree with me that it takes some of the fun out of sex. You lose a lot of the feeling and sensation, but they do serve an important purpose!!! Don't forget that! I mean, with advances in technology, can't they make thinner yet still protective condoms?

Prophylactics, they are funny things! I guess condoms are so popular because of their relative inexpensiveness and their comparative ease of use. To be fair, there really is no such thing as safe sex. Female based prophylactics still result in skin to skin contact, so the chance to catch an STD still exists. I prefer unprotected sex - but my circumstances are different to most, since I'm in a relationship! But if I was single, I would not sleep with anyone, regardless of whether there was protection available.

One thing I will never understand is why women must be told when a guy is about to climax? Every woman I've ever been with - "tell me when you're about to come" - what the hell? Why?? Can't we just enjoy the time together? Weird, weird stuff.

Not making enough time to write lately, not that it matters. I think I've got writer's block, words don't flow like they used to. Might need to work on that.

We're looking at buying a house. We were looking at properties over the weekend and I realised that this is it, I've gotten older and have settled down. Dreams are crumbling down all around me. I'd like to travel. I'd like to see things, I'd like to experience things. Also, as an interesting side note, when we've viewed a lot of properties online, there's always a room set aside for just guitars! Surely not
all these people are playing guitar? And not only that, a lot of the setups are quite good! Nobody can be better than I!

Getting older, nearing 30 - I'm running 2km a day, which isn't very much, but my legs and knees absolutely cane for several hours after. So this is how it starts, I guess? The slow descent into death?

Modern Warfare 3 has become interesting, I've started progressing through the campaign and it is just ridiculous the level of things they've provided in the game. I'm still reminded of Modern Warfare 1 where in that first mission you insert on to a freight ship in the middle of heavy rain, and I was just gobsmacked at how fantastic it was. But I'm still illing from the days of the Chernobyl mission. God, I'm sure my testicles retracted into my body at the suspense of the first stealth mission, and the brilliance of the bottleneck strategy when waiting to extract from the exfil point. Pure. Awesome.

Samurai X (or Rurouni Kenshin) is not as good as it once was. The second arc in Kyoto was absolutely fantastic, some of the best anime I've ever seen in terms of story and execution. But the third arc has no consistency, and there is no overarching story line. The Christian swordsman, Shogo Amakusa was a welcome diversion, but it has faltered after his departure. I need to finish it however, since I need to watch the OVAs!! I've seen the prequel one, but not the one that
wraps up the series.

Malcolm In The Middle is a horribly underrated show. In ways I felt like it was describing my life. The series ends in a very interesting way - I won't spoil it, but suffice to say, Malcolm realises that there is more to life than flaunting his intelligence. I wonder if that is actually true!

Things are just falling apart.
I need some laughter, or just the chance to get away from it all.

Fuck, I need to sleep!

Joaquin out.
blog comments powered by Disqus