Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sleep Drifting Above You, Sweetly Complete...

Morning people, its another day and a lot of things that need to be done as usual... Finally on the two week break, and to think that for the next 3 days I have nothing else to do, but stuff from my own room, thats a good thought. Over the last few days, I've been getting back into the internet like I used to be a few years ago, and found a lot of useful things... I'll start by writing about a few of those that I found that I just have to share....

Flock, now here is something that has blown my mind after a lot of years of computer use... I have tried the whole plathora of web browsers that are out there. Firefox, Opera, etc. None of them compare to funcionality of flock. Flock has a very simple but stylish layout, easy to use, and quite visually pleasing. Along with the usual tab funcionalities, it has this awsome RSS reader, and if that is not enough, it has total integration with photobucket and flickr. And having these options for flickr saves me a whole lode of time. Along with these it has integration with a lot of blogging services, and things like that. They call it a social browser, and its got all the tools needed for todays Web 2.0 utilities... I highly recomend this browser, and you should all go check it out. www.flock.com

Other things that caught my attention is Netvibes, this is fully costomizable Ajax based homepage, where you can add all the widgets that you want, and the content is fully up to you. Its better than almost all the other homepages that I have come across, and its a must. So go check it out. There is ofcourse Flickr, this is one of the best Photography websites, owned by yahoo. Upload all your pictures, and then tag them edit them, and share them. The only downside I found to this is that they only allow you to creat 3 albums. There is another similar service called Bubbleshare, and there is a lot of Buzz about it, but I haven't gotten around to checking that out either. Flickr seems be more attractive because of the integration in Flock. And the last one is Digg, for those of you who dont know it yet, its a page where people write articles, and then people give it ratings or called diggs, so if you dig the ariticle, you add diggs, and then it is sorted by diggs. Its a really cool way to find out about things, its hard to sort through all the blog clutter that we have out there, and find what you are looking for, so this is where you go... Ok enough of all the techno crap, now to move on to other issues...

This topic came up last night, and I was wondering. Sex means different things to different people. For some its just an act, and has no value, and it seems to be heading in that direction more and more these days. For others it means a little more important, yes it an act, but its also a manner of showing your affection for someone else. Where do most of you stand?? Its also a reason for conflict with a lot of couples, ones that value it, and ones that don't and throw it around. Can be cause for quite a bit of havoc. Hmmm what a thought...

Going around again taking a lot of pictures, of the world that is around us. I seem to have stopped taking as much pictures, and its time to get my act straight, and start doing whats important again. Its easier to tell stories with pictures than it is with words... So from now on there will be a lot more snapping and flashing going on...

There is a lot of work that has to be done, and I intend on getting started on those fairly soon. One thing is though that I am getting through my Indesign lessons quite quickly, and if I can finish them in the next few days, then I will be sitting pretty for the next while or so.

I have again been completely taken away with a song. "Completely pleased - Semisonic" its an old one from there album "Feeling strangely fine." This is one album that is always a pleasure to listen to, but this song just kicks ass, and I think all of you who can, should go give this a listen.

"Want to see you smile, weak in the knees, want to see you completly pleased, want to give you someting priceless and free." -Semisonic

Well that will be all for today, I might get back to another blog once I get back from my little trip with Makster X. He'll be leaving here shortly, and so it seems warrented that I stop studying and go spend sometime with him. Have a good one folks...

technorati tags:,

Blogged with Flock

blog comments powered by Disqus