Friday, September 08, 2006

Another Night, Another Dream

Wow, the last two days have probably been the busiest in this blog's history! I have seen some of the other's plans for the overhaul and may I say it's going to look bloody fantastic.

I have been listening to this crazy ass band called Dragonforce. Stupid name, stupid music. But goddamn, these guys are insanely talented. They have this ridiculous harmonised solo attack from a former classical guitarist and a self taught guitarist (my fave style and my own way)! But it's bloody ridiculous, this song "Through The Fire And Flames" is just insane, the first time I heard it I was just gobsmacked at the skill and ferocity - the solo rocks out and there are many references to Video Game noises and music throughout, it's bloody priceless. Herman Li is an awesome freak, reminds me of a young Malmsteen, before his ego decided to get in the way of good music.

Unfortunately, I missed a few references from last night's great moments in gaming history, so I shall close up that list tonight, so that my next update can be to Joaquin's rate list (I know, I've promised for so long, but damn it needs to be updated)!

So let's continue on to great moments in gaming history part 2 shall we?

Moment #9:
The other and I decided in one of our gigantic breaks last year to tackle Lego Star Wars before I had to go back to class. We set about our task fine enough, and despite some absolutely insane difficulty puzzles and stupid ass camera angles we prevailed (just barely, I was almost late to class) and we've never spoken about it since!

Moment #10:
In the last summer hols before exams, the other was staying at my place while my folks were overseas and we became truly nocturnal, with us getting up at roughly 2pm each day and sleeping at 7am. In that time, many a game of Fifa 05 was played (shite, that reminds me to install GTA Vice City and Fifa 06 soon), and on top of that, we finished Metal Gear Solid 2 in 2 days! It was sheer insanity, and the other showed signs of gaming immortality by surviving the boss battle with barely a scar on him! It was also an excellent exercise in logical thinking, as we made it without resorting to strategy guides (which I admit I had to for one point in MGS 1).

Moment #11:
Was a continuation of the events of Moment 11. We also got around to playing a crap load of Gran Turismo 3. We had a good Career mode going, with all licences acquired (in record time too might I add), and some races were close (yes we lost some). However, we decided one night to try out an endurance race in our beloved Dodge Viper Oreca race car and won. Enter the F1 car. We were untouchable from that point onwards! Nobody could catch us and we were bloody invincible!! It has to be the quickest progress made in that game of all time!

Moment #12:
Occurred today! I downloaded the demos of Shogun and Medieval Total War last night and played this this afternoon. Shogun was pretty bad, and Medieval was nothing to write home about (hence why I love Total War). But damn, the last tutorial on Medieval was the historical battle of Jaffa (third crusade). I was Richard Coeur De Lion, so it was 55 knights, plus 1000 archers, vs 7000 angry Saracens. The first time through I got butchered mercilessly by just trying to hold the line. Second attempt I decided to mix it up and just go straight out and attack. I lasted a bit longer but in the end I was routed. However, on the third attempt, I decided to be a sneaky bastard and just create an artificial wall using Richard and his bodyguards in the centre, surrounded by archers and a few spearmen around them for protection and just got them to hold the line. IT WAS SHEER BRILLIANCE! Everyone just bottlenecked straight into us and we came out very unscathed, it was like the actual battle of Jaffa itself (except that in real life the Crusaders were more attacking than defensive and they weren't as cool as me). So to sum up, in a feat of tactical brilliance, I have shown why I am the greatest general in history! Haha, I guess we'll have to see when I get Rome: Total War. I also can't wait until Medieval 2: Total War comes out because it looks bloody fantastic, siege battles are probably the best fun one could have with a game.

So that's it for tonight folks, have a nice day! I promise, my next update will be to the rate list, unless something REALLY awesome comes up (but as we know in the holidays that is not likely)!
blog comments powered by Disqus