Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Don't cash out on that bet...

Its about that time of the night again, when I sit infront of the computer and blog my time away. Today's been a productive day, finished prepairing for the presentation that we have tommo, and by the looks of it, its going to be a good one at that. The slides are done, and they look very smooth and mordern, and definately good desing. After using Powerpoint 2007 for a while, I realized that it has some really simple ways of making your slides look good, and its definately a time saver for me, as I don't have to do it manually. If you don't have it, I guess you're missing out...

Sometimes there is no winning, no matter what you do someone is going to feel not cool about it, that the definition of life. If you accomodate one person, then you'll leave someone else out. There is just no way of fitting everyone in and to make everyone happy. So I guess either you pick the ones that are most important, and at least try to make them happy or simply be selfish and just make yourself happy. I guess thats not really the way to go either, you get what you give, and I'm a strong believer...

There is a lot of news that happens in the world, but I seem to be more focused on the virtual world, its more interesting, and its always evedent what has changed, you don't have to miss out on the action, its always there for you to check out and judge it for yourself. Maybe its easier to handle that than the real world. Its a big big world out there, a tangable one and one that isn't.

Now that the dates to the exams are out, I'm feeling a lot better, as now I have a goal to work towards, and it seems like everything that I have to get done before that is like a stepping stone, and one step closer to the other side of the river. I know its always been that way, but it just seems a bit more real now, and a lot easier to get by. I have one day left before I turn 22, hmmmm. Getting old now, and it still feels the same. Its funny when I was a kid I remember looking up to people my age, and thinking wow things are so different when you are their age. Now that I'm here, I feel exactly the way I think I always felt. Probably, yes there is a massive change within me, the way I think, the way I operate, but that is just not evident to myself. When you live with a person long enough, and everyday, you just dont notice the change, its like its always been there. The people who notice the difference are the poeple who just haven't been a part of your life that much as of late...

People are asking me why I don't want to be doing anything on my bday. Well there are lots of reasons, but not a single one that I can either single out or put my finger on. I have had it with all the other bdays getting trashed and doing the usual, I would like to take sometime to just get older by myself, not that I want to be by myself, but hopefully this is the last time I will be, so why not live the experience? I've never spent a bday just doing nothing and just having time to just talk and reflect on life or just enjoy the beauty of the day or who I am... And that is definately the goal of this bday, one last chance make the best of it... It would be good to just have some friendly conversations who mean a lot to me...

I've decided to take a more simplistic method to everything, not that I want to do the simplest easiest thing, but do the best with the least. Less is more is a theory that is often used in many spheres. Especially solos, a few notes can express a lot more than a fret busting solo, and I've always appriciate it, and will attempt that style of playing more into my music. Secondly, design, I think often I try to add everything I can do into one project, and tahts probably not the way to go. The simpler and more clear the design is, the more likely its going to be a good design, and this I will try to keep in mind...


On that note, I shall call it quits as it is my bed time now, and some shut eye is definately called for. Tommo is the last day I work, and I finish a presentation, so by the end of the day, I should be feeling pretty darn good...

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

blog comments powered by Disqus