Saturday, September 16, 2006

Better Than The Rest...

Well i'm back again for another post. Having a field day with all the scrubs episides that i've been watching, and I swear nothing makes me laugh more than the stupid jokes on that show. They are all a buch of really cool characters...

Insomnia is a killer when you have to wake up in 2 hours and then get to work for a 7 hour shift, and i'm happy to say that after another 7 hours of work in the next few days it shall be over for good. Thats it for me and subway! But I sure am going to miss those Saturday closing with Ghram.


The funniest thing happened. The other day I was checking out Pageflakes and YouOS. After checking both out for a while, I've decided that they are both quite good. YouOS is much more pleasing on the eyes, but the funcionality of pageflakes is much better. And have been using it quite a bit. But later that night I was talking to an old friend who is a programmer while I was at my cousins office doing work there. And he was like I was looking for pictures of Dhaka on flickr and came across your pictures, damn this is a small world. And that wasn't it at all, then he tells me to check out pageflakes as it has integration with flickr, and I told him that I already had seen it. He was like its built by us. Hahaha its great to see some buddies of mine doing some really awesome work. When I saw the page I was thinking that Omar Jabbar, another one of the programmers from there made something like that a few years ago before Web 2.0, and guess what, he was the mastermind behid the whole thing. So you all just have to go check out some web 2.0 action on pageflakes. And it will become one of the top 1000 pages within the next year....

I've been listining to this bush song on repeat "Machinehead." It has some really cool guitar riffs playing on it, but thats not what go my attention, its the whole dynamics of the song. And then the lyrics started playing in my head and i was wondering what it was about. After a lot of deliberation and looking up things, i came to a few possible meanings. Have a look at the lyrics first.

Machinehead

Breathe in breathe out
Tied to a wheel fingers got to feel
I spin on a whim I slide to the right
I felt you like electric light
For our love
For our fear
For our rise against the years and years and years

Got a machinehead better than the rest
Green to red machinehead
And I walk from my machine
I walk from my machine

Deaf dumb and thirty
Starting to deserve this
Leaning on my conscious wall
Blood is like wine
Unconscious all the time
If I had it all again
I'd change it all

The first possible conclusion is that its about a guy whos in a relationship where he always does as he is told, and like a machine, he does what he is told, green light he goes, and red light he stops. Unconcious all the time again refering to that.

Then there is the interpretation that he is talking about a car crash, and his machinehead is the engine, and he is talking about the car, and how he loves his car, its better than the rest, as its a status symbol in our lices. And he walks away from the machine after his crash. Interesting.

The third interpretation is that it is about a persons ego and trying to breakfree from that ego and the way he is used to doing things, and it becomes like the back of the hand almost machine like, and hence the machinehead.

The next interpretation is that its about drugs, just because most bush songs are about drugs. And how doing drugs is so mechanical, and its about moving away from the drugs.

The last interpretation is that its about his head of the amp, that has a blinker as the sound goes high it turns red, and green when under the threashold. I don't really think this really works, but its an interpretation none the less.

Whatever was running thru their heads, what a bloody awesome song, I encourage you all to give this a listen. Anyways, I'm off gotta do some more pointless things.

technorati tags:, , ,

Blogged with Flock

blog comments powered by Disqus